2024 Presidential Race

"Findings from Redfin show the combination of steep mortgage rates and elevated home prices has pushed the median monthly housing payment to a record $2,775 – an 11% increase from the same time last year."

"Mortgage buyer Freddie Mac said Thursday that the average rate on a 30-year loan this week crossed the 7% threshold for the first time this year, jumping from 6.88% to 7.1%. While that is down from a peak of 7.79% in the fall, it remains sharply higher than the pandemic-era lows of just 3%."

"It is mind-blowing that Biden’s campaign ads still claim he helped the ordinary American worker. The economic bad news just keeps coming, as inflation climbs up and up in spite of propaganda to the contrary, real wages drop, and the value of the dollar goes down both at home and abroad. And even while real wages are decreasing, inflation is costing Americans an estimated $1,000 extra every month."

"The rich are doing well, but the rest of us are struggling. The wealthiest Americans reportedly increased their fortunes by $195 billion just in Biden’s first 100 days in office back in 2021, and it didn’t stop there. Economist Dave Brat noted on April 10 that the wealth of America’s top 1% hit a record $44 trillion. The top 1% own half of our country’s individually held stocks, while 87% of such stocks and mutual funds belong to the top 10% of Americans.Biden’s economy helps the uber-rich, but it is absolutely disastrous for ordinary Americans."

"However, Mr. Barr also said he’s “not happy with the choice,” characterizing it as a choice of “who will do the least harm to the country.”

We need a third party to emerge and term limits.

"However, Mr. Barr also said he’s “not happy with the choice,” characterizing it as a choice of “who will do the least harm to the country.”

We need a third party to emerge and term limits.
There are other parties. its just that nobody has any real intention of voting for them, and they won’t as long as we use the first past the post election system and the electoral college.

Inauguration Day is nine months away. Going with your gut, who is inaugurated Jan. 20, 2025?

Voting RFK, but I am not so sure he, Trump, Biden, or Harris will. Think it is going to be a cluster between now and Election Day.
Well we better get to clustering fast. My gut is nothing crazy happens, well other than 2 super-old dudes who shouldn’t be running being our nominees with a realistic chance to win. It will be Biden v Trump part deux and, if forced to bet on it right now, I’d say Biden wins. If the election were held right now maybe Trump would win as costs are sky high and right now the Dem base doesn’t seem quite as enthused as they were back in 2020. However, between now and November things will crank up and ultimately Dem voters will get behind Biden to keep Trump out. I’m sure we’re in for some twists and turns with Trump, he has plenty of time to insert his foot in his mouth many times over and we all know he will. If Reps want any chance at winning I think they better have better answers regarding abortion than they did during midterms. They got destroyed on that topic. If that happens again Dems will control both houses and POTUS. I do think Reps hold one house when the dust settles though. What say you?

Well we better get to clustering fast. My gut is nothing crazy happens, well other than 2 super-old dudes who shouldn’t be running being our nominees with a realistic chance to win. It will be Biden v Trump part deux and, if forced to bet on it right now, I’d say Biden wins. If the election were held right now maybe Trump would win as costs are sky high and right now the Dem base doesn’t seem quite as enthused as they were back in 2020. However, between now and November things will crank up and ultimately Dem voters will get behind Biden to keep Trump out. I’m sure we’re in for some twists and turns with Trump, he has plenty of time to insert his foot in his mouth many times over and we all know he will. If Reps want any chance at winning I think they better have better answers regarding abortion than they did during midterms. They got destroyed on that topic. If that happens again Dems will control both houses and POTUS. I do think Reps hold one house when the dust settles though. What say you?

Scary to think about. I do agree that Republicans need to figure out abortion.

A vote for Biden is a vote for a Kamala Harris presidency, which would be more disastrous than Biden.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Scary to think about. I do agree that Republicans need to figure out abortion.

A vote for Biden is a vote for a Kamala Harris presidency, which would be more disastrous than Biden.
You're probably correct.
However I thought Joe would step down after two years passing the baton to Harris with the possibility of her holding office for 10 years.
It appears even the Dems know how empty her skull is and realized how bad she would be.
I suppose they'll keep giving Joe a vampire blood transfusion for eternity. 🤷

You're probably correct.
However I thought Joe would step down after two years passing the baton to Harris with the possibility of her holding office for 10 years.
It appears even the Dems know how empty her skull is and realized how bad she would be.
I suppose they'll keep giving Joe a vampire blood transfusion for eternity. 🤷
Biden would be wise to dump her off the ticket.

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back