2024 Presidential Race

Do you follow the news? Biden's legislative achievements are FAR, FAR more consequential than anything the gangster did. In fact, the gangster didn't do much of anything but give wealthy people and big corporations a massive tax cut--which is standard fare with GOP administration. He promised a health-care reform bill for years--and never delivered. Politico is an independent news organization, fyi.

giphy (7) (14).gif

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Do you follow the news? Biden's legislative achievements are FAR, FAR more consequential than anything the gangster did. In fact, the gangster didn't do much of anything but give wealthy people and big corporations a massive tax cut--which is standard fare with GOP administration. He promised a health-care reform bill for years--and never delivered. Politico is an independent news organization, fyi.

Like a fly to a turd. Speedo never disappoints.

What state do you live in?

I did. twice before (Clinton). I was fresh out of college with that know it all attitude and virtue signaling oozing out of my pores. That is why I can understand and somewhat relate to liberals. I know the fever dream of unrealistic indoctrination and the self righteous certainly of one with little knowledge of the real world. I had my environmental studies degree and was ready to save the world from those evil greedy polluters.
It took about a decade of living in actual society before I got enough REAL education to o shake that off.
Now I see these young woke, idealistic, but absolutely clueless college kids protesting whatever the latest „current thing“ is and I shake my head in understanding pity; because that was me in the 1990s.
Maybe some of them will grow up someday soon. I Hope so; because life is ultimately miserable when you actually believe you are better and smarter than everyone else
I have two sons. One was educated in the marines and one is about to graduate college. One is conservative and the other is not. You can guess which is which.

Everyone received a tax cut, not just the wealthy and big corporations. Oh, by the way, did you know that even Obama supports cutting the corporate tax rate?

Reactions: hog88
I have two sons. One was educated in the marines and one is about to graduate college. One is conservative and the other is not. You can guess which is which.
If either of my sons had wanted to go to college; I would have really pushed Hillsdale 😂. Might be the only REAL University left in America. Now if they would only build a football program
1C0DE1B0-0D29-4980-A521-6FA62A135B6E.jpeg

Probably a Democratic President was in office who promised workers compensation.
Democratic Presidents are the best at being the low-life scumbag liars hands down.
Look no further than who's in the WH sitting there day after day w/thumb up his butt.

Last edited:
I did. twice before (Clinton). I was fresh out of college with that know it all attitude and virtue signaling oozing out of my pores. That is why I can understand and somewhat relate to liberals. I know the fever dream of unrealistic indoctrination and the self righteous certainly of one with little knowledge of the real world. I had my environmental studies degree and was ready to save the world from those evil greedy polluters.
It took about a decade of living in actual society before I got enough REAL education to o shake that off.
Now I see these young woke, idealistic, but absolutely clueless college kids protesting whatever the latest „current thing“ is and I shake my head in understanding pity; because that was me in the 1990s.
Maybe some of them will grow up someday soon. I Hope so; because life is ultimately miserable when you actually believe you are better and smarter than everyone else

There are many of us on here with similar stories like yours. Then we grew up and matured.

There are many of us on here with similar stories like yours. Then we grew up and matured.
🤣🤣🤣 This is rich! The sanctimonious manner in which you place you place your ideological beliefs is laughable. Certainly you've matured in your critical thinking, especially with statements like, " Trump has basically a good moral compass", and "he's a man of the people". I'm glad I didn't grow up like that

Reactions: tvolsfan
I go by the rule the smartest guy in the room is not the one telling you he is the smartest guy in the room.

🤣🤣🤣 This is rich! The sanctimonious manner in which you place you place your ideological beliefs is laughable. Certainly you've matured in your critical thinking, especially with statements like, " Trump has basically a good moral compass", and "he's a man of the people". I'm glad I didn't grow up like that
I don’t know much about the quotes you attribute to BreatheUT and it is not my place to defend him. But I would like to state that my own personal yardstick of one having “matured in critical thinking” is when one slowly begins to change from a worldview in which they are the righteous and virtuous person and that if only the right laws were passed then everyone else would finally behave to one in which the mature person finally looks in a mirror and realizes that they are messed up in their own way and that the best thing they can do for society is clean up their own faults. The college crowd is stuck in that first group while some of us have slowly and painfully entered the later condition. I suspect that BreatheUT is in that camp. If he thinks that Trump has a decent moral compass or is a man of the people then we can disagree with him without disparaging his intelligence or maturity.
My own personal opinion is that Trump does actually love this country and wants to do a good job; but that he is also a deeply insecure man who is blinded and emotionally crippled by a need to be surrounded by acolytes who feed his ego and prop up his shaky self esteem. That comes across as ego, arrogance, and pride. It is a dangerous condition and there are many of us conservatives who deeply wish we had someone else to vote for. But that said, Biden is even more dangerous as he believes in nothing but political power. (Or does in as much as his rapidly deteriorating mind allows him to believe in ANYTHING).
We are really in a very dangerous place in this country and our system is indeed in jeopardy and we all should be praying fervently for help. But if someone is expecting that help to come from EITHER political party, I guarantee that they are headed for certain disappointment.

Last edited:
I don’t know much about the quotes you attribute to BreatheUT and it is not my place to defend him. But I would like to state that my own personal yardstick of one having “matured in critical thinking” is when one slowly begins to change from a worldview in which they are the righteous and virtuous person and that if only the right laws were passed then everyone else would finally behave to one in which the mature person finally looks in a mirror and realizes that they are messed up in their own way and that the best thing they can do for society is clean up their own faults. The college crowd is stuck in that first group while some of us have slowly and painfully entered the later condition. I suspect that BreatheUT is in that camp. If he thinks that Trump has a decent moral compass or is a man of the people then we can disagree with him without disparaging his intelligence or maturity.
My own personal opinion is that Trump does actually love this country and wants to do a good job; but that he is also a deeply insecure man who is blinded and emotionally crippled by a need to be surrounded by acolytes who feed his ego and prop up his shaky self esteem. That comes across as ego, arrogance, and pride. It is a dangerous condition and there are many of us conservatives who deeply wish we had someone else to vote for. But that said, Biden is even more dangerous as he believes in nothing but political power. (Or does in as much as his rapidly deteriorating mind allows him to believe in ANYTHING).
We are really in a very dangerous place in this country and our system is indeed in jeopardy and we all should be praying fervently for help. But if someone is expecting that help to come from EITHER political party, I guarantee that they are headed for certain disappointment.
I appreciate your response. Pretty general, right wing narrative though. I think it's important to be an informed citizen. Believing Trump to be virtuous on any front isn't an opinion developed from his well documented behavior. It's an opinion developed from material fed to you by right wing echo chambers. This being one of them. No one defending him pays attention to his behavior

Reactions: EasternVol
I appreciate your response. Pretty general, right wing narrative though. I think it's important to be an informed citizen. Believing Trump to be virtuous on any front isn't an opinion developed from his well documented behavior. It's an opinion developed from material fed to you by right wing echo chambers. This being one of them. No one defending him pays attention to his behavior
On the flip side, the exact same quotes can be applied to biden and the left wing media.

EDIT: I reread your post and I must apologize that I have in fact misapprehend YOU and am guilty of the same faults which I attribute to yourself below. So please forgive my harsh and belittling tone. I should always write more slowly and only after reading what I am responding to two or three times. I will leave what I wrote intact below as I do not have the energy left to rewrite it tonight. It is late and I am due for my weekly Friday night Lager 🍺 and then sleep. So I hope my arguments can be accepted while disregarding the regrettable hectoring snide tone. Peace and Hope for good discussion.
———————-
Edit 2: I am editing below because the more I think about it; I should never write when I am angry. I end up being mean to people who don’t deserve such treatment. I can disagree with someone but that shouldn’t make me disagreeable.

—————————-

You appear to be operating under the misapprehension that I wish to DEFEND Trump. Trump, like everyone else, has some good points and sometimes operates under decent motives. But as I stated, his shortcomings make his best qualities (such as they are), useless. His ego, pride, and arrogance undo any good of which he would otherwise be capable. He is flawed and only the Grace of God can help him.

As to your insinuation that I inhabit some sort of “right wing echo chamber”, I fear that accusation shows that you have very little comprehension of my background or my views. I am a liberal; but in the sense of classical liberalism as described by the enlightenment. Locke, Smith,Hume, Rousseau, Milton; these are my grounding; not the pretenders of the modern right. I am closer to a libertarian than a Republican (minus their silly libertine fixation on drug legalization of course).

Neither party currently lives up to the best ideas of the pillars of Western thought and any current propensity I have to vote “Republican” is merely a last ditch choice of the lesser of two evils.

So please don’t automatically assume to know me or what I think. The world is far too complex to reflexively divide into two simple camps.

Our forefathers developed a rational and humane worldview that has been cheapened into a grotesque parody by the people who run both parties and harnessed to merely draw money out of our pockets to fund campaigns to defeat the “other guy” while the party leaders laugh all the way to the bank. It is all Kabui theater and I am no longer sitting in the audience allowing my anger to be stoked in an effort to rob and control me.
I feel that if we ant to really understand one another going forward in this country and hopefully make progress, discussion has to move beyond its current unsophisticated tribal dichotomy between “left wing” and “right wing”.
Good night and good weekend. Thanks for listening

Last edited:
Reactions: HammondB3Vol
This is where I think you're mistaken. I believe there are many, including me, who are well aware of Trump's behavior and do not care for it.

However, I care much more about his policies and his accomplishments than I do his behavior, because the former have a much greater likelihood of impacting our country and our daily lives, whereas the latter doesn't really impact me at all... unless I choose to let it do so.

VN Store

Back