2024 Presidential Race

View attachment 630339

I don't know if it is true, but I heard they were charging $500k. The true definition of elitists. What's is even more laughable is the amount of help Joe Biden needs.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I couldn't read it. Pay article.
"Paulson will host the dinner [free to read] in Palm Beach on April 6 alongside two people who have flocked to Trump after initially supporting his rivals: Robert Bigelow, a real estate investor who was the biggest donor to Florida governor Ron DeSantis during his failed presidential bid, and Harold Hamm, a shale oil baron who had called on Trump to drop out of the race in July last year.
There are two guest tiers, reports the FT’s Alex Rogers: those who give at least $250,000, and those who drop a cool $814,600 — and get to sit at Trump’s table. "

Expect to rake in $35 million

Reactions: BreatheUT
"The District of Columbia chief medical examiner found that Sicknick had died from stroke, classifying his death as natural[a] and additionally commented that "all that transpired played a role in his condition"
It's true that Brian Sicknick did not die as a direct result of defending the Capitol from rioters on January 6, 2021 ..... and yet, it is still fair to say that from the day it happened, Trump and his supporters have tried to downplay the violence of that day, and they have shown no sympathy for the police officers who were injured while doing their jobs. As a matter of fact, Trump has even sought to discredit them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawgator1
It's true that Brian Sicknick did not die as direct result of defending the Capitol from rioters on January 6, 2021 ..... and yet, it is still fair to say that from the day it happened, Trump and his supporters have tried to downplay the violence of that day, and they have shown no sympathy for the police officers who were injured while doing their jobs. As a mater of fact, Trump has even sought to discredit them.
And it's fair to say that people who are tying police deaths, days after the event, are hurting their argument that 1/6 was bad. It ruins their credibility. Stop being disingenuous. That's not directed at you BB. In general though, that's the problem, with multiple attacks on Trump. Half truths at best are presented as facts. Just use the damn facts. They are bad enough.

Last edited:
And let's not forget what Trump's budget requests looked like. He didn't oppose that massive spending at all. It was what he wanted.
Agree to a point as compromise to get “something” passed spending bills loaded with pork and other unnecessary spending, but your point is correct…for every President we’ve had since FDR. He wanted this mess and started us down this road. Johnson threw gasoline on the fire.

If a President really wants to cut it, then veto the budget proposal until either it matches what they want or it can pass with a veto-proof margin.

Last edited:
"Paulson will host the dinner [free to read] in Palm Beach on April 6 alongside two people who have flocked to Trump after initially supporting his rivals: Robert Bigelow, a real estate investor who was the biggest donor to Florida governor Ron DeSantis during his failed presidential bid, and Harold Hamm, a shale oil baron who had called on Trump to drop out of the race in July last year.
There are two guest tiers, reports the FT’s Alex Rogers: those who give at least $250,000, and those who drop a cool $814,600 — and get to sit at Trump’s table. "

Expect to rake in $35 million

Interesting that these donors wanted to find other options to Trump and did not initially support him. I too was hoping another Republican would break through. The Republican coffers are down because all the candidates were splitting the donations and using it all for advertisement. This will be a much needed boost to the party.

Reactions: StarRaider
Make no mistake, I am a low tax advocate. But if (an if which is impossible which means our convo is theoretical) the government didnt spend so much, and tax rates increased the bureaucratic drag would slow the velocity.

Personal saving does, too.

If we had higher interest rates, higher taxes, and radically less government spending inflation rate would drop. Challenge is, if it slows too much, we slip into recession, or worse, depression.
If we had higher taxes, government spending would inevitably increase though.

Thoughts on national consumption tax, that by law, the revenue derived could only be spent to pay down the national debt?

View attachment 630339

I keep thinking that this event with the big money donors (i.e. wealthy) seems very tone death considering the economic struggles right now in our nation.

Pay $ 100k to see a former President...

Donald Trump has sought to downplay the events of January 6, 2021 since the day it happened, without any consideration given to how that might make Capitol Police officers injured during the riot feel. Trump has even gone as far as to refer to anyone sent to prison for acts of violence that day as being a "hostage." That includes the guy seen beating a police officer over the head with a flag pole - who Trump has said he will pardon. Trump is as much a supporter of the police as he is honest, humble and fiscally responsible.

Because it wasn't as bad as you liberal mouthbreathers make it out to be.

If we had higher taxes, government spending would inevitably increase though.

Thoughts on national consumption tax, that by law, the revenue derived could only be spent to pay down the national debt?
I am not in favor of new forms of, or increased rates of taxation. A consumption tax to pay down debt would never Sunset even if by some miracle we paid debt to zero.
If we could change our tax policy via constitutional amendment, I'd favor a simple head tax. Amount determined by national referendum every 2 or 4 years. in Nov when electing a new president and/or midterms.

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back