2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

CSFP

East
Celtics over Cavs in 5
Pacers over Knicks in 6

West
Timberwolves over Nuggets in 6
Mavericks over Thunder in 6

The Magic cannot fall into the trap thinking Franz Wagner can be a #2 on a title team. That’s how people get fired.

Reactions: The Dog
The Magic cannot fall into the trap thinking Franz Wagner can be a #2 on a title team. That’s how people get fired.
They have plenty of young assets to go get an elite guard. Don’t know who that guy would be but they’re a dynamic backcourt player away from being perennial east contenders

I mean, he's 22. Shooting efficiency wasn't good, but every other statistical category was. Look at what Jaylen Brown was doing in the playoffs when he was 22 and it was his 3rd trip. Franz was better by a mile in points, rebounds, assists, and turnovers.

The biggest concern is the shooting. Franz shot 35% from 3p his rookie year, then 36%, and this year 28% and 26% in the playoffs. IDK what was going on this year, but if he's a 36% 3p shooter then I think he's a great #2.

They have plenty of young assets to go get an elite guard. Don’t know who that guy would be but they’re a dynamic backcourt player away from being perennial east contenders

Their target should be Spyda.

It'd be nice to get PG13 @knoxvol52 through FA, but the man has had one great postseason in 5 years, and he's 34 next year. I don't think they become title contenders with PG13 and then the run is suddenly over in 2 years because he's a 36 YO with a metal rod in his leg.

They might be better off moving Franz and a couple picks for Spyda. He'd be perfect playing off of Paolo, and the Magic have all the length and defense around Spyda to help him thrive, and he's young enough for this to be a contending duo for the next 6-8 years in the east.

Reactions: knoxvol52
With Kleber out of this series, I'm definitely picking OKC. Kleber is in the 4 best lineups for the Mavs this season. I don't think people realize how important he is.

I think I was picking OKC anyway. Their coach is too smart, they have too much talent, they can spread you out, run you, and they are going to have Luka in every action all game long.

Their target should be Spyda.

It'd be nice to get PG13 @knoxvol52 through FA, but the man has had one great postseason in 5 years, and he's 34 next year. I don't think they become title contenders with PG13 and then the run is suddenly over in 2 years because he's a 36 YO with a metal rod in his leg.

They might be better off moving Franz and a couple picks for Spyda. He'd be perfect playing off of Paolo, and the Magic have all the length and defense around Spyda to help him thrive, and he's young enough for this to be a contending duo for the next 6-8 years in the east.
Is Cleveland looking to move on from Mitchell?

They don't want to but he has 1 year left and he's making no commitment to them.
If that’s the case they should be able to swing a trade without including Wagner as long as they can make salaries match. A guy like Suggs could have good value in Cleveland playing alongside Garland. I like Wagner’s game a lot but I agree that he might not be a number 2 on a championship team but he’s a championship level piece. They should try to hold onto him if they can

If that’s the case they should be able to swing a trade without including Wagner as long as they can make salaries match. A guy like Suggs could have good value in Cleveland playing alongside Garland. I like Wagner’s game a lot but I agree that he might not be a number 2 on a championship team but he’s a championship level piece. They should try to hold onto him if they can

If Franz isn't in it, they're gonna have to include a lot more picks or players, otherwise Brooklyn or somebody will easily outbid them.

What a great game to be absolutely ruined by terrible officiating down the stretch. I can't believe they called Turner for that screen, not to mention all the reviews and phantom kick balls. Jeeze.

Imo, they got every call right. The offensive pick was questionable, should have been a no call. But, letting Josh Hart get an offensive rebound on his FT miss, then another And 1, was the deciding factor in the 4th. Once again, imo.

Damn, the Hart scenario happened with over 5 minutes to go. Maybe not the deciding factor, but things, teams that win playoff games don't let happen

Last edited:

VN Store

Back