2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Embarrassing and predictable. Celtics still have a very large mental weakness issue and a very bad coaching mismatch.

Given your history, I understand the negativity, but I look at it like this....all the Heat had to do to beat them was make a franchise record 23 3-pointers, LOL.

If the Heat shoot a normal % from 3p, they would've had about 15-20 fewer points and the C's would've been running the other way off the missed shot 8 more times, or whatever. The irregular 3p shooting took this from a comfortable win to a double digit loss.

Reactions: Rifleman
Given your history, I understand the negativity, but I look at it like this....all the Heat had to do to beat them was make a franchise record 23 3-pointers, LOL.

If the Heat shoot a normal % from 3p, they would've had about 15-20 fewer points and the C's would've been running the other way off the missed shot 8 more times, or whatever. The irregular 3p shooting took this from a comfortable win to a double digit loss.

Crazy defensive ineptitude was what allowed them to do something they've never done in their history, though.

The attention to detail from the Celtics players and coaches is not at the level needed to get to the Finals even if they play with better effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
Crazy defensive ineptitude was what allowed them to do something they've never done in their history, though.

The attention to detail from the Celtics players and coaches is not at the level needed to get to the Finals even if they play with better effort.
I despise the Celtics the more they lose , the happier I am.

Reactions: Rifleman
Possibly the 76ers might win a must win game 3 in Philadelphia vs the great Knicks.

Currently it’s smooth sailing for the Magic in Orlando since lead the Cavs in the 1st Quarter.

Impressive performance by the Magic vs the Cavs.
The game continues to be an entertaining embarrassment like Battlefield Earth a very poorly made movie.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Kudos to the 76ers getting a feel great needed win after the embarrassing collapse at Madison Square Garden because they failed to defend a lead.

Lakers going to get swept for 2nd year in a row by Nuggets.

Complete overhaul in off season, need to add another star or competent player.

Maybe Klay🤔

Russell needs to go elsewhere. I'm not a LBJ fan but honestly he should think about going elsewhere if he wants to win another Championship. It's not going to happen in L.A. with this roster.

Reactions: firestorm
I’m surprised Denver called a timeout because they have a high lead.
This would make sense if the Lakers showed momentum of a comeback.

Cavs Magic After 3 Games
It would be ridiculous for Magic Fans to now be optimistic that the Magic are going to be able to win this series based off the Magic playing great in a must win game 3 in Orlando after the Cavs demolished the Magic twice in Cleveland.
The Cavs have more playoff experience while the Magic are still in the growing pains as a Playoff team so it’s unlikely the Magic could outplay the Cavs 3 more times including twice in Cleveland.

76ers Knicks After 3 Games
The 76ers can realistically win game 4 vs the Knicks mostly because it’s in Philadelphia.
The Knicks are a better team on paper, they have the great advantage of home court advantage, and have more playoffs experience.
All reasons I don’t see the 76ers winning this series vs a great Knicks team even though getting it to 6 games is achievable since they did win a critical game 3..

Cavs Magic After 3 Games
It would be ridiculous for Magic Fans to now be optimistic that the Magic are going to be able to win this series based off the Magic playing great in a must win game 3 in Orlando after the Cavs demolished the Magic twice in Cleveland.
The Cavs have more playoff experience while the Magic are still in the growing pains as a Playoff team so it’s unlikely the Magic could outplay the Cavs 3 more times including twice in Cleveland.

76ers Knicks After 3 Games
The 76ers can realistically win game 4 vs the Knicks mostly because it’s in Philadelphia.
The Knicks are a better team on paper, they have the great advantage of home court advantage, and have more playoffs experience.
All reasons I don’t see the 76ers winning this series vs a great Knicks team even though getting it to 6 games is achievable since they did win a critical game 3..

Cavs - Magic. Not an entertaining series so far. Will Game 4 finally be competitive?

6ers - Bockers. Embiid got 50 on just 19 shots! I'll go out on a limb and say that doesn't happen three more times. It's great to see these two friendly fanbases enjoy each other's hospitality.

Tonight's games are going to be played with some juice I imagine. Bucks are done IMO if Pacers get another big win tonight. Can the Mavs show up twice in a row? The Suns have to win, so we might get another supernova performance from Durant or Booker or both.

VN Store

Back