2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

I don't think we have any chance at getting Dickinson.

We were involved in his original recruitment, but just don't think we are a big factor here

I'd like to be wrong.

Reactions: ArdentVol
We’ll see what happens, but I doubt we’ll be serious pursuers of Dickinson. His price tag will probably be too much for us. Could be wrong!

Reactions: berryvol
This transfer portal is a joke all these young men who get their feelings hurt and run to different school lol suck it up young men.zReminds me of job hoppers out in the world when people say piss me off and I will just find another place. Should go back to old rule have to sit out a year and then see how many jump ship.

It’s only penalty free the first time. Any transfer after that requires a hardship waiver to not have to sit out the year.

Reactions: Pennheel
It’s only penalty free the first time. Any transfer after that requires a hardship waiver to not have to sit out the year.

Seems like those aren’t too hard for some to get. But maybe there are 2 penalty free transfers counting graduate transfers. So 3 schools without sitting out a year is very doable. A 4th school I assume needs a waiver. Maybe the COVID year creates an extra freebie in some scenarios?

Another day in "as the transfer portal turns" Got to take advantage of it as coach. Dickinson would be a nice version of "if I CAN beat you, I join you" for Tennessee. Would be a solid big man for Tennessee. I don't see him going to UT though. I know that this isn't transfer portal related,but Gradey Dick of Kansas declared for the draft after one year at Kansas. He was good,but I didn't realize he was that good.

We dream of studs coming to play basketball for Tennessee. Hopefully we don't end up with duds.

I have a feeling UT may be dropping back a few notches the next couple seasons. As long as they aren’t bubbling come tourney time im good though.
There's no way to avoid it without portal help. It's going to look a lot like the baseball team. Inexoerience and in the case of basketball, physical maturity will be big issues. The SEC doesn't treat freshmen well in most cases. It's a grind and very physical. Throw in the way Barnes wants to play and I wouldn't have much in the way of expectations for any of our freshmen. Not sure about our RS players either and that includes Dillione. We need 2 or 3 really solid guys from the portal. McKnight, Ledlum and Ike would be a dream haul in my book.

april fools?????

I would think so as you don’t see a player leave his current school to a rival in that area. Having lived in Raleigh, the disdain towards one another is like TN and Bama or TN- FL. It’s a 14 mile drive but the cities are also totally different.

Reactions: Vols410

VN Store

Back