1673472882028.png

Last edited:
Looks like Sean Payton and Broncos/Cardinals buzz is starting up

View attachment 530581

Warm weather
Short QB he can succeed with
Plenty of time/no immediate pressure to win
Gets a say in the GM
A division that has one elite QB (and he’s 34 with a bad back)

Makes plenty of sense for Payton to go to Arizona.

This Broncos situation isn't nearly as bad as it felt like it was 6 weeks ago. Wilson actually kinda looked good after they fired Hackett. Plus you gotta believe he's not this bad no matter who they bring in, and if they bring Sean Payton in, it feels like he'd change everything with Wilson.

And the perception is that we don't have any picks after the Wilson trade. Damien Woody said he would pick Colts situation over us because we "don't have any picks." But we have a lot of picks and we can trade for Payton (2nd or 3r + 4th).

2023 = 1, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
2024 = 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7

Warm weather
Short QB he can succeed with
Plenty of time/no immediate pressure to win
Gets a say in the GM
A division that has one elite QB (and he’s 34 with a bad back)

Makes plenty of sense for Payton to go to Arizona.

It's a perfect situation if Kyler is a real guy. Kyler is a big concern. It's not clear that he's coachable or engaged, and then he also had health issues the last 2 years. His guaranteed contract is enough to sink an otherwise well-spent payroll if he continues to flop, and for what, 5 more years?

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
It's a perfect situation if Kyler is a real guy. Kyler is a big concern. It's not clear that he's coachable or engaged, and then he also had health issues the last 2 years. His guaranteed contract is enough to sink an otherwise well-spent payroll if he continues to flop, and for what, 5 more years?

True, but maybe Kyler has been humbled enough and understands that Payton is a genius and shapes up.

Feels like Sean Payton may be Broncos to lose. Chargers seem like they're good with Staley. Dolphins seem like they're good with McDaniel. Cowboys can't fire McCarthy now. Nobody here in PHX feels like Cardinals are going to nab him (maybe their defeatist nature). Texans gotta be out. Panthers and Colts may be in play, but I would definitely pick Broncos over both.

I think my 2nd choice would be Demeco Ryans.

Also, I saw Mayo got an HC interview request at Carolina and declined. Maybe he thought he was just a Rooney interview? Would be crazy to go from ILB coach to HC.

Feels like Sean Payton may be Broncos to lose. Chargers seem like they're good with Staley. Dolphins seem like they're good with McDaniel. Cowboys can't fire McCarthy now. Nobody here in PHX feels like Cardinals are going to nab him (maybe their defeatist nature). Texans gotta be out. Panthers and Colts may be in play, but I would definitely pick Broncos over both.

I think my 2nd choice would be Demeco Ryans.

Also, I saw Mayo got an HC interview request at Carolina and declined. Maybe he thought he was just a Rooney interview? Would be crazy to go from ILB coach to HC.

Panthers job over Broncos for sure.

The South is the easiest division in football. Bucs are gonna implode, Saints in cap/QB hell, Atlanta is in the middle of the rebuild. You get Derek Carr with Payton and they win the south the next two years.

I think he wants to win Super Bowls, not divisions. You have the offensive infrastructure in place for a genius to fix things. You have a SB defense. You have more cap space there and the same number of picks upcoming. Tim Patrick and Javonte Williams will be back, so you got a bunch of weapons.

Panthers have to trade for Carr, and he's more meh than Wilson, IMO....and their D was 25th in DVOA. I just don't think the pastures are that green there.

FWIW, the first 2 articles I read ranked the open jobs 1-4 in the exact opposite order with Denver and Carolina being 1 or 4 in each. Wtf

Also, I think divisions change so quickly. AFC west was supposed to be the best division ever and NFC east was supposed to be one of the worst ever, and look at how it ended up. I think you pick your team based on $, personnel, ownership, FO, and location.

I think he wants to win Super Bowls, not divisions. You have the offensive infrastructure in place for a genius to fix things. You have a SB defense. You have more cap space there and the same number of picks upcoming. Tim Patrick and Javonte Williams will be back, so you got a bunch of weapons.

Panthers have to trade for Carr, and he's more meh than Wilson, IMO....and their D was 25th in DVOA. I just don't think the pastures are that green there.

FWIW, the first 2 articles I read ranked the open jobs 1-4 in the exact opposite order with Denver and Carolina being 1 or 4 in each. Wtf

Carolina has better WR’s and a better OL. Their defense is young and improving. And half the battle of winning a Super Bowl is getting in the playoffs. It’s a lot tougher when Mahomes wins the division and you have zero home playoff game

Carolina has better WR’s and a better OL. Their defense is young and improving. And half the battle of winning a Super Bowl is getting in the playoffs. It’s a lot tougher when Mahomes wins the division and you have zero home playoff game

I'll give you that Moore has probably proven more than any of our WR's but we got 3 guys who are at least legit #2's and a burner in the slot. I'm not impressed by the rest of their group

Go ahead an get your hate for me ready, but the NFL needs to review a tackle style that causes injuries. Defenders wrapping up from the side/behind then just going limp and letting their body fall on the back of the players leg. It causes ankle significant injuries. Mahomes and Tony Pollard both were injured this week by the same tackle style. Kenyan Drake tried to get the NFL to look at this a couple years ago when he was injured. This is about as bad as a horsecollar.

Go ahead an get your hate for me ready, but the NFL needs to review a tackle style that causes injuries. Defenders wrapping up from the side/behind then just going limp and letting their body fall on the back of the players leg. It causes ankle significant injuries. Mahomes and Tony Pollard both were injured this week by the same tackle style. Kenyan Drake tried to get the NFL to look at this a couple years ago when he was injured. This is about as bad as a horsecollar.

I don't think you can legislate that sort of thing out of the game. It's a part of tackle football, unfortunately

I agree with this column on Justin Fields:

Are the Bears set at quarterback? Fields threw for a measly 2,242 yards this season, backup numbers. Forget that he ran for more than 1,000 yards. He’ll get badly injured if he keeps that up. Everybody talks about his potential, but quarterbacks have to pass the ball. They must. And do it well.

Memo to Bears: NFL now a passing league

In today's NFL, you can't run your way to a championship. I don't care how well Fields runs, that's not the way to play football in today's NFL

I don't think you can legislate that sort of thing out of the game. It's a part of tackle football, unfortunately
The NFL can make an effort. Look into it. Seems like it become more prominent to me in the past couple of years.

Deebo Samuel-

jimmy garoppolo

Last edited:

Yeah, I get the concern but how do you write a rule to prevent this without going way overboard? At some point, it's on the offensive player to protect himself. If you don't want to get fallen on like that, then throw the ball away or dive before there is contact. "I wanna be able to fight for extra yards but I don't want the risk." Nah, bro. Just go down if you wanna play it safe.

The Colts did this in the 2000's with Wayne and Harrison staying remarkably healthy. They always ran out of bounds or hit the deck in the open field before taking contact. They broke fewer plays but those guys were always ready in January.

Yeah, I get the concern but how do you write a rule to prevent this without going way overboard? At some point, it's on the offensive player to protect himself. If you don't want to get fallen on like that, then throw the ball away or dive before there is contact. "I wanna be able to fight for extra yards but I don't want the risk." Nah, bro. Just go down if you wanna play it safe.

The Colts did this in the 2000's with Wayne and Harrison staying remarkably healthy. They always ran out of bounds or hit the deck in the open field before taking contact. They broke fewer plays but those guys were always ready in January.
I get what you're saying but Pollard took maybe two steps before he was tackled. Mahomes was still in the pocket. They weren't fighting for anything.

Stepping out of bounds I get 100%. If I was a rb or an offensive player that took hits I'd step out of bounds when possible. If I want to make a career out of football the less hits I take, the more healthy I will be.

But this isn't fighting for yards. You can't throw a players weight on the the back of a calf muscle intentionally without expecting injuries. Ankles don't roll like that. Like horsecollars. And I'm not talking about people falling over in a pile. I mean like the instances I've posted of Pollard, Mahomes, Deebo and Garoppolo. Those players are intentionally dropping their weight on the back of a leg. Easy tackle, but also an easy chance of injury.

VN Store

Back