2023 Bradley Central Bears Season Thread (13-1) Overall (5-0) 6A Region 2 (Cleveland, TN) 2023 Region Champs (Season Over)

The first round playoff game is set for Friday, November 3rd. The game will be at Bradley and Bradley will host West Ridge high school. West Ridge was 5-4 on the season and will take nearly a 3 hour trip for this contest.

Bradley Central defeats West Ridge, 42-0, in the 1st Round of the TSSAA Playoffs. Up next, it's a rematch with Maryville in the 2nd Round. Maryville defeated Science Hill (Johnson City, TN - where my Alma Mater ETSU is located.. Go Bucs!..) by the score of 42-16. It's my understanding that Maryville has gotten better, possibly has a new QB, and if I'm not mistaken Maryville defeated Alcoa towards the end of the regular season. So, it will definitely be a challenge for the Bears, but, if the Bears come out focused and ready to play, they should be able to prevail at home next Friday night. Go Bears!

Great win for Bradley Central tonight! It's always tough to win a rematch but tonight the Bears were ready, and a great team victory. So, I'll make this statement, this is currently the best Bradley Central team since 1980, when the Bears also made it to the Quarterfinals, but were defeated by Warren County that year, 14-7. I wanted to refrain from making any statements, because I wanted to see if the Bears could at least reach the Quarterfinals this year, and they have done so, not that they should be satisfied, and I know they are not, but I am simply commenting on how good this team is in 2023, and how long it has been to actually reach the Quarterfinals for Bradley Central.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Also, looks like another rematch in the Quarterfinals, as Knoxville Bearden defeated Jefferson County, 23-20. So, that should be another home game for the Bears, next Friday - 11/17/2023.

On the radio the announcers mentioned we would've had to play at Jefferson County if they won which I didn't understand because we had a better record.

On the TSAA bracket it has this note:

All times are local time. In the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host.

How is the top team in each bracket determined? Bradley had a better overall record of 10-0 vs 9-1 but both were undefeated in region play.

So, I made a misstatement, the 2017 Bradley Central Football team actually made it to the Quarterfinals that year as well.

On the radio the announcers mentioned we would've had to play at Jefferson County if they won which I didn't understand because we had a better record.

All times are local time. In the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host.

How is the top team in each bracket determined? Bradley had a better overall record of 10-0 vs 9-1 but both were undefeated in region play.

So, I saw that on an article online via the Chattanooga Times Free Press, or possibly the Chattanoogan.com... I'm not sure how the TSSAA would justify that, what you have highlighted in bold @white65. I do know that on the other part of our Quarterfinal bracket, if Bradley Central were fortunate enough to defeat Bearden a 2nd time this upcoming Friday, that we would play the winner of Oakland and Riverdale in the Semifinal round. I don't know how Jefferson County was ranked higher than the Bears by the TSSAA but Bearden winning that game gives the Bears another home game, so that worked out to the positive for Bradley Central, at least as far as playing at home next week.

that is the Maryville rule change from 10 to 15 years ago when Maryville never played an away playoff game until the BCBS bowl (they kept winning and were the high seed)

VN Store

Back