2022 Tennessee Vols Preview Vid

I agree with him but I think we take the SC game close.

For those who don't care to listen, he has us going 8-4 with loses to @lsu, Bama, @UGA and @South Carolina.

Last edited:

For those who don't care to listen, he has us going 8-4 with loses to @lsu, Bama, @UGA and @South Carolina.
Thanks for the summary. I started to watch until I saw that it was a 40 minute video of a guy in his kitchen, wearing a South Carolina sweatshirt with what appears to be potato chip crumbs on it. I then realized I could watch half a movie in those same 40 minutes and still predict that he would probably have us beating everyone but the 4 teams he selected (including South Carolina of course). Those Gamecocks fans are gonna crash hard when they realize in a couple of years that Beamer is a clueless rah-rah cheeerleader.

Last edited:
Reactions: EricberryFAN

How’s it going to be close? It was 38-7 at halftime last year. We are going to open an Old Testament ass whipping again this season. Please explain your close logic??? I’m having trouble understanding how anyone thinks they have out improved us by 25 pts during the off season just to get even!

I hate to say this but, he's a SC homer and they MAY, not saying they will get boat raced. I might be wrong but we will be clicking on all all 8 by then.

Of

Of course he has us losing to USC. We boat raced them last year and we will be a lot better! Game will not be close again.

Where do you see us being much better than last season? I think our secondary is deeper, but other than that I don't see us being better anywhere. Possibly better on the edge since we are using Young and Baron there so both will see the field more.

Where do you see us being much better than last season? I think our secondary is deeper, but other than that I don't see us being better anywhere. Possibly better on the edge since we are using Young and Baron there so both will see the field more.
Boy, how to count the ways we could be significantly better:

1. Our starting QB will have been getting first team reps and laser focus of the coaching staff all through spring camp, all through fall camp, and through the early part off the season. Last year, Hendon was the starter less than a month before rolling into the USCe game. A year+ versus a month: I think he's gonna be even better than last year (I know, makes me smile just to say that).

2. Along with individual improvement, there's the "combat multiplier" of a year in the leadership role that Hendon didn't have last spring, summer or fall. Chance for him to gel with the entire offense can mean subtle but important improvements in a bunch of areas.

3. Our OLine is, according to Kyler Kerbyson, better AND DEEPER this year than last (just listened to his podcast that he made after attending Sunday's practice).

4. DLine is also now deeper. And that's where we missed depth most in 2021. We should have a lot more staying power through the 2nd half this year.

5. Generally speaking, on both offense and defense, a full off-season in the system should mean far fewer mental mistakes and quicker play / quicker adjustments in 2022. That's probably worth a handful of points a game, all by itself.

I know we're wondering who is going to fill the big shoes left by Alontae Taylor, Theo Jackson, Velus Jones, and Javonta Payton. Those are valid questions. Will some of the younger lads step up and keep those position groups at least as strong as last season? So it's not all solid progress, not everywhere.

But in most places we look, things do seem to indicate we'll be stronger on defense and--get this--even stronger on offense.

What do you think, though? I always appreciate your insights.

Go Vols!

p.s. Specific to the USCe game, yes Spencer Rattler could give them significant offensive improvement. But think about it this way: that game pits a team with a legitimate potential Heisman candidate against a guy who was supposed to be a Heisman candidate out of high school, but hasn't yet shown he deserved the early accolades. In other words, the piece the Gamecocks have added that's supposed to make them competitive with us isn't even as good as the one we already have. They may be trying to play catch up, but you can't do it by continuing to run behind, right?

Boy, how to count the ways we could be significantly better:

1. Our starting QB will have been getting first team reps and laser focus of the coaching staff all through spring camp, all through fall camp, and through the early part off the season. Last year, Hendon was the starter less than a month before rolling into the USCe game. A year+ versus a month: I think he's gonna be even better than last year (I know, makes me smile just to say that).

2. Along with individual improvement, there's the "combat multiplier" of a year in the leadership role that Hendon didn't have last spring, summer or fall. Chance for him to gel with the entire offense can mean subtle but important improvements in a bunch of areas.

3. Our OLine is, according to Kyler Kerbyson, better AND DEEPER this year than last (just listened to his podcast that he made after attending Sunday's practice).

4. DLine is also now deeper. And that's where we missed depth most in 2021. We should have a lot more staying power through the 2nd half this year.

5. Generally speaking, on both offense and defense, a full off-season in the system should mean far fewer mental mistakes and quicker play / quicker adjustments in 2022. That's probably worth a handful of points a game, all by itself.

I know we're wondering who is going to fill the big shoes left by Alontae Taylor, Theo Jackson, Velus Jones, and Javonta Payton. Those are valid questions. Will some of the younger lads step up and keep those position groups at least as strong as last season? So it's not all solid progress, not everywhere.

But in most places we look, things do seem to indicate we'll be stronger on defense and--get this--even stronger on offense.

What do you think, though? I always appreciate your insights.

Go Vols!

p.s. Specific to the USCe game, yes Spencer Rattler could give them significant offensive improvement. But think about it this way: that game pits a team with a legitimate potential Heisman candidate against a guy who was supposed to be a Heisman candidate out of high school, but hasn't yet shown he deserved the early accolades. In other words, the piece the Gamecocks have added that's supposed to make them competitive with us isn't even as good as the one we already have. They may be trying to play catch up, but you can't do it by continuing to run behind, right?

Hooker had a great season. I'm not sure it's possible to improve much on that. I think the value of knowing who your QB is, is overrated. Offensive line being better than last season I'm really not seeing. D-line may be deeper, and the edge play should be better. But DT play should drop off some.

LB will be deeper at a minimum, and possibly much improved depending on how Mitchell plays. The secondary depth is great and hopefully somewhere develops there and has a big season. Overall I think defense will be slightly better, offense will be about the same, record will be about the same. 7-9 wins.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
How’s it going to be close? It was 38-7 at halftime last year. We are going to open an Old Testament ass whipping again this season. Please explain your close logic??? I’m having trouble understanding how anyone thinks they have out improved us by 25 pts during the off season just to get even!

It's just a gut feeling atm man. They improve their QB(even though I'm not a fan of his) it's at the end of the year where they could have some things figured out and it's at South Carolina. They sure will have a chip on their shoulder from last year. Other than that, there's not much logic in it right now other than a gut feeling. I don't buy their hype at all tbh, but I just feel this game could be close. It will be interesting to see what they look like at mid season.

He lives up to his gamecock fan label. His head looks like it's been freshly circumcised.

Last edited:
Reactions: nalliszing

VN Store

Back