2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

Do you think DG hits him like that if Poole doesn't put hands on him first? I do not, but who knows. We're splitting hairs by correcting people for calling it a fight.

He pushed him after Draymond came up to him and threw his chest into him. This is not a fight. When the Richie Incognito stuff happened everyone agreed it should be professional. Assault is a lot worse than what he did.

Do you think DG hits him like that if Poole doesn't put hands on him first? I do not, but who knows. We're splitting hairs by correcting people for calling it a fight.

First? I believe Draymond was interested in escalating whatever you wish to call it. Walks him down. Contacts him. Poole pushes him away. Draymond punches him in the jaw. I guess Poole contributed to the escalation, not to my eyes though.

First? I believe Draymond was interested in escalating whatever you wish to call it. Walks him down. Contacts him. Poole pushes him away. Draymond punches him in the jaw. I guess Poole contributed to the escalation, not to my eyes though.

I put the large majority of the blame on Green and I called him a sucker punching bitch but Poole jawed and then pushed him with enough force to create like 5 feet of space (even if he is the one that went further backwards) and it's pretty silly to act like he didn't participate.

I put the large majority of the blame on Green and I called him a sucker punching bitch but Poole jawed and then pushed him with enough force to create like 5 feet of space (even if he is the one that went further backwards) and it's pretty silly to act like he didn't participate.

You want to call me silly, I’ll walk up into your chest.

This is wild, but a former Jazz player you all have heard of may be investing in a real estate project I'm doing with my cousins. He uses a tax guy we've been working with for 15 years and that's how he found out about the opportunity.

Reactions: zjcvols and TBrown
This is wild, but a former Jazz player you all have heard of may be investing in a real estate project I'm doing with my cousins. He uses a tax guy we've been working with for 15 years and that's how he found out about the opportunity.
Big real estate project guy

That’s good because I was referring to myself

I tried to get into it in 2006 not knowing what I was doing and got burned over-leveraging trying to flip residential homes. Completely different business model now. It's a resort. We're probably under-leveraging but that's how I want it. We own 30 acres of mountainland and control another 200 acres surrounding it if we want to annex it, but we're building our 30 out first. We're doing tiny home cabins, hobbit cabins, and treehouses, but it's just 1 tiny cabin, 1 big cabin, and 5 a-frames exist and are cash-flowing right now. My involvement is I'm securing construction loans and get some say on decisions, but I'm not really involved day-to-day. We've got trails that connect to state trails. There are places to rock climb. And eventually we'll be adding common amenities. The plan is to own maybe a 3rd of the cabins, sell the rest to people like this Jazz player, but still manage the properties for them.

In any other business, it would be bad/weak management. But in sports, sure, probably pretty smart.

We had some nefarious **** go down in our Filipino office and somebody near the top of the company went loose cannon and fired the wrongdoer. The immediate manager didn't want the firing and neither did her co-workers. They took a democratic vote and determined she should stay with the company, but get demoted from her position. Even the person she wronged voted for her to stay. She was re-instated and she's doing great. Management can be so detached from the front lines, and depending on culture, I think it can be a great way to handle it.

We had some nefarious **** go down in our Filipino office and somebody near the top of the company went loose cannon and fired the wrongdoer. The immediate manager didn't want the firing and neither did her co-workers. They took a democratic vote and determined she should stay with the company, but get demoted from her position. Even the person she wronged voted for her to stay. She was re-instated and she's doing great. Management can be so detached from the front lines, and depending on culture, I think it can be a great way to handle it.

Interesting you can overrule an upper manager democratically. I can’t say that’s anything close to normal from my experience. Maybe a Filipino work culture.

Definitely not a union site, lol.

Interesting you can overrule an upper manager democratically. I can’t say that’s anything close to normal from my experience. Maybe a Filipino work culture.

Definitely not a union site, lol.

He shouldn't have fired her. It wasn't his call to make. Technically, he wasn't an upper manager anymore. He was the company's founder but no longer held an official title, although he was still involved a lot. This was the end of his involvement.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
No regular season suspension. Lowe and whoever his guest was said they were told this would be a player-driven punishment, which is a pretty smart play by the FO.

Green to rejoin Warriors on Thursday, says Kerr

Seems like the players didn’t play into the weak management idea. But they spun it back to the players anyway. I’m staying with GS front office is weak on this one. The onus was placed on the coaching staff, lulz.

NBA rumors: Draymond Green suspension wasn't necessary in Jordan Poole's eyes

Spears added that Warriors players "weren't comfortable" levying a suspension on their teammate and so the onus was placed on the coaching staff to make the decision on whether or not Green should be suspended.

"And with that in mind, with what Poole and the teammates thought, ownership and the front office decide that Green would not be suspended, that there would be an undisclosed fine," Spears continued.

VN Store

Back