2021 NBA Season Thread aka The James “Corona Club” Harden Victory Tour

Yeah, so a better FG% shooting twice as many 3's. No comparison as far as efficiency goes.

Middleton shot a ts% of .588 this year, and that's not even his best. Kobe never did that.

Eh, that's trying to parse it pretty deep to justify a weak argument making Middleton comparable to Bryant, especially by Kobe's 5th year. He's a more efficient shooter? That's the gist of the argument? Alright, so are we arguing Middleton is comparable to Bryant as an all-around player, too? Middleton, again, is a nice shooter, a good sidekick for Giannis, but he's not a guy who could be a #1, as Kobe could've been from 2001 and on. Plus, Middleton has been, as I know as a Bucks fan, very erratic in his performances throughout his career. He isn't the creator Kobe was, nor the dominant figure Kobe was.

So, back to Jackson's argument. I'm still in the glow of my team's championship, but I still am not going to delude myself into thinking Middleton is anything near Kobe. Hell, Giannis, as much as I love him, isn't early 2000s Shaq, either, but that one is a little closer comparison.

Eh, that's trying to parse it pretty deep to justify a weak argument making Middleton comparable to Bryant, especially by Kobe's 5th year. He's a more efficient shooter? That's the gist of the argument? Alright, so are we arguing Middleton is comparable to Bryant as an all-around player, too? Middleton, again, is a nice shooter, a good sidekick for Giannis, but he's not a guy who could be a #1, as Kobe could've been from 2001 and on. Plus, Middleton has been, as I know as a Bucks fan, very erratic in his performances throughout his career. He isn't the creator Kobe was, nor the dominant figure Kobe was.

So, back to Jackson's argument. I'm still in the glow of my team's championship, but I still am not going to delude myself into thinking Middleton is anything near Kobe. Hell, Giannis, as much as I love him, isn't early 2000s Shaq, either, but that one is a little closer comparison.

Middleton did 24, 8, and 5 in the playoffs, and plays really good D. He's really good all around. I was just talking about his ability as a scorer because we are talking about closing.

Kobe would have gone nowhere as a #1 until he upped his game...but we're not talking about them being a #1. We're talking about them as #2 closers

I love Jrue, probably the best guard defender in the Association and a great passer, but as the 3rd example of the Bucks being a super team ? Come on

I love Jrue, probably the best guard defender in the Association and a great passer, but as the 3rd example of the Bucks being a super team ? Come on

Being the best defender at your position and an above average offensive player is enough to me. He has no weaknesses besides inconsistency. At no point were the Suns leaving him open because he is a threat, despite some bad shooting streaks. Rodman was elite defensively and brought nothing beyond rebounding to offense, and he's the 3rd on a super team, IMO. I guess it's all about how much you value D.

Is 2016 Kevin Love better than Jrue? I say no way.

Last edited:
Being the best defender at your position and an above average offensive player is enough to me. He has no weaknesses besides inconsistency. At no point were the Suns leaving him open because he is a threat, despite some bad shooting streaks. Rodman was elite defensively and brought nothing beyond rebounding to offense, and he's the 3rd on a super team, IMO. I guess it's all about how much you value D.

Is 2016 Kevin Love better than Jrue? I say no way.
That Cavs team isn't exactly a super team, because of injuries, imo. This one, was LeBron's Picasso. But, u are right, Jrue>Love, this year and that one.
Now, Middleton anywhere near Kobe even on that first championship is ludicrous

I'd be surprised if he returns to the Finals anytime soon.

They just need a little depth and totally depends on what happens with other squads. Nets are awesome but I didn't expect them to be healthy and they weren't and there's a good chance history repeats itself as they are all a year older.

Imagine the Kings not botching the Bogdonavich trade. Bucks would be nasty.

Reactions: TBrown
They just need a little depth and totally depends on what happens with other squads. Nets are awesome but I didn't expect them to be healthy and they weren't and there's a good chance history repeats itself as they are all a year older.

Imagine the Kings not botching the Bogdonavich trade. Bucks would be nasty.
The condensed schedule played a role with injuries IMO.

If KD wore a 1/2 size smaller shoe he wouldn't have made it to begin with and that's with the injuries. I think the Nets will be healthier next year.

If KD wore a 1/2 size smaller shoe he wouldn't have made it to begin with and that's with the injuries. I think the Nets will be healthier next year.
Kyrie is always gonna be a headcase though, never know with him.

Maybe, but Kyrie and Harden had plenty of rest between not showing up and short playoff runs last year. Showing up out of shape might be Harden's issue.

Maybe, but Kyrie and Harden had plenty of rest between not showing up and short playoff runs last year. Showing up out of shape might be Harden's issue.
Harden is done, imo. All he wants to do is live his best life and that looks like world travel and non-stop partying.

Harden is done, imo. All he wants to do is live his best life and that looks like world travel and non-stop partying.

IDK, even when he shows up out of shape, he's so good at controlling the pace and executing what he wants to do. He's a freak as long he's not beat up.

Tell him to gtf back here. I need a hug.

I had to endure a season of **** Paul on the Thunder while also cheering for the Rockets, then had to pretend to care about The Bullets and be tortured with Lil Scotty and now I might have to listen to LBJ slobbers and Laker ****bags all season. I need the hug here.

VN Store

Back