2018 Tennessee Vols Season Simulation - NCAA football '19 (with updated roster)

We honestly have no idea how we will look.

We have a grad Transfer as probably our new center.
Another grad transfer as a rb who will be the number two probably.
A grad transfer for a qb who may start.
A ton of players back who were injured last year.
A real scheme.
A real coach.
Calloway will actual be played.
Byrd will be in his natural spot on d finally.
I mean this year is a huge guess right now.

you lost my vote when you said "a real coach"

He might be, he might not. His next win will be his first HC win. As of now, Derek Dooley has a better record the JP. We just dont know what will happen until we see how they play and how the season plays out.

I just pray you're right.

6 wins is the ceiling. No quarterback and suspect o-line = another long season.

I wonder who put that together gives the West Va defense way to much credit. The Bama offense way to little. The Missouri game looks really suspicious. I guess that is why we play the games. I know it all comes down to our defense hopefully they want be like this simulation.

Last year it said 9 & 4 and we were 4 & 8. This year 5 & 7, so I'm saying 8 & 5. I'll take it, but I think we can still do better if we catch some breaks. If we can keep our lines somewhat healthy, and at least protect the quarterback for more than 1.5 seconds, we should do ok.

Last year, defense just had to bull rush the running back because it was either going to be handed off to him or a fake hand off to him. If it were fake, just tackle the quarterback because he'll be standing beside him.

Reactions: 2 people
Last year it said 9 & 4 and we were 4 & 8. This year 5 & 7, so I'm saying 8 & 5. I'll take it, but I think we can still do better if we catch some breaks. If we can keep our lines somewhat healthy, and at least protect the quarterback for more than 1.5 seconds, we should do ok.

Last year, defense just had to bull rush the running back because it was either going to be handed off to him or a fake hand off to him. If it were fake, just tackle the quarterback because he'll be standing beside him.

Very sad but very true

I see us beating UTEP, ETSU, Charlotte and Ky
We lose to WV Mountain *****S. Alabama Auburn Missouri USC Vandy Georgia & Florida
We end up with a 4 & 8 record
Next off season, Pruitt will have a full season to recruit and he will sell the nption of early playing tome for freshmen
Top 5 recruiting claas

You on meth?

I see us beating UTEP, ETSU, Charlotte and Ky
We lose to WV Mountain *****S. Alabama Auburn Missouri USC Vandy Georgia & Florida
We end up with a 4 & 8 record
Next off season, Pruitt will have a full season to recruit and he will sell the nption of early playing tome for freshmen
Top 5 recruiting claas

I’m sorry. But I think just having Pruitt is worth 2-3 more wins over Butch effing Jones with the same relative talent levels. Yeah. He’s never been a HC, but I would say being a D coordinator at Alabama or FSU and winning national championships with two big time HCs like Jimbo and Saban is better experience than being the HC of Central Michigan. Sorry. Just my opinion. When you see Jones and just how completely dumb that man was about football and somehow he managed a couple 9 win seasons, I have to expect that Pruitt will be ok for 7-5 or 8-4 this season.

WV - toss up
ETSU - win
UTEP - win
Florida - toss up
UGA - loss
Auburn - loss
Alabama - loss
SCar - toss up
Charlotte - win
Kentucky - win
Missouri - win
Vandy - win

So I’d say 6-6 should be easily obtainable. We have recruited better than these teams the past few seasons. Just because we are on equal or better talent grounds with Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy, Charlotte, UTEP, UTSA. That’s six games that we should win this year. No questions.

South Carolina and Florida have been dog fights for years. No surprise there that they should be toss ups. A fumble goes one way or the other and it could decide the game. Just how it is at the moment.

WV is a toss up because of Will Grier. Obviously he’s good at football.

Obviously we just aren’t on the same level as Alabama, Georgia or Auburn at the present time. Lol. So yeah. 3 guaranteed L’s.

So we could be as good as 9-3 or as bad as 6-6.

Probably somewhere in the middle around 7-5 or 8-4 tho. I’d say that’s a success given this past season/offseason. Haha.

WV - Win (They have no defense and Grier can't throw under pressure)

ETSU - Win (Easy game new program - just started back)

UTEP - Win (Easy game - Terrible season last year and new coach)

Florida - Win (Team in the same position we are, this game will show that Pruitt is a good coach)

UGA - Toss Up (Overrated after last year, lost a lot of their starters, should be in slight rebuild mode)

Auburn - Loss (Good team it'll be interesting)

Alabama - Loss (To much talent to overcome)

SCar - Win (Overrated, will hit them in the mouth QBs, WRs, RBs will hit their strides)

Charlotte - Win (Easy game nothing else needed to be said here)

Kentucky - Win (Should have won last year, better coaching, better schemes this year)

Missouri - Win (New Offensive Coordinator and Vols will be in their best form)

Vandy - Win (Pruitt will show what is to come for Vandy every year)

In all reality I say we could be a 7-8 win team with bowl game win included in that total.

I think we win somewhere between 5 and 7 games. Will likely come down to how healthy we can stay and how the bounces go for us against UF and Mizzou

These simulations don't mean much think he had us 8 and 4 last season so we went in reverse. This year 5 and 7 could reverse that to 7 and 5 or better.

VN Store

Back