2018 Record

So, we take a team that barely won 4 games last year...

subtract the only proven playmaker on offense, our best defensive back, our best linemen (in a very shallow pool), the better passer of our mediocre QB rotation...

our only real stud OL has some sort of medical condition that might end his career...

we are counting on a grad transfer QB who wasn't good enough to start at his Alma mater...

And our head coach has never held such a position.

SOUNDS LIKE 10 WINS TO ME!!!!

Rocky Top! Woo!

I agree with your general sentiment, just not your specific examples....

Our best defensive back from last season is still on the roster, Nigel Warrior

The best of a bad lot of Dlinemen is still on the roster, Shy Tuttle....surely you weren’t referring to KMac, we’ll be better with his departure.

Guarantano was easily the better passer between him and QD last year....higher completion percentage, more yards per attempt, better td/int ratio, higher QB rating

Agree about Trey, gotta get him back

I don’t think we’re counting on Chryst...if he wins the job then fine, but my guess is he’ll be here to back up JG and provide badly needed QB depth

Agree about Pruitt, he’s obviously never been a head coach....but he and his staff are undoubtedly better than their predecessors.

Predicting 10 wins is ludicrous, agree with you there. 7 would be good, 8 outstanding.

Reactions: 1 person
8-9 wins feasible IMO. I'm in Yosemite today sporting my Big Orange!

Yosemite is pretty sweet place to be.

Like for that.

BTW, you look exactly like your avatar. Good to put a face with a "face"..lol

Enjoy the wonders of mother nature!!! GO VOLS.

Never forget that Nick (the almighty) Saban got his ass beat by Louisiana Monroe on his first season. Let's not judge Pruitt on this season, even though I agree with a watered down version of the OP.

If the two losses were both by one point to an undefeated Alabama team, do you think TN could make the playoff if the eleven wins were all dominating (2+ touchdowns)?
Boy, the committee would have to really consider that, but yes, I think we could make it, but it would be awful close.

I don't care what the media wind bags predict.
If Butch can win 9 win seasons, Pruitt can his first go.
I think 9 wins is obtainable, 10 and we are cookin with peanut oil. 9 is my bar.
8 wins acceptable, but we can win more, below my expectations.
7 and below, I don't think it is happening you negaVol sheep. Funny how everyone takes another opinion and runs with it.
Losses last season? Yeah, the team quit on Butch, as they should have. He was a joke, a tool, turkey and the team knows what football looks like now. Trained by the best. Yeah quite probably the best top to bottom coaching staff.
Nigel Warrior is going to go on a rampage.
9 wins.

binge-drinking.jpg

If the two losses were both by one point to an undefeated Alabama team, do you think TN could make the playoff if the eleven wins were all dominating (2+ touchdowns)?

Alabama has a lot of holes to fill on defense in my opinion. They lost a lot of starters. I think they struggle on that side of the ball this year.

So, we take a team that barely won 4 games last year...

subtract the only proven playmaker on offense, our best defensive back, our best linemen (in a very shallow pool), the better passer of our mediocre QB rotation...

our only real stud OL has some sort of medical condition that might end his career...

we are counting on a grad transfer QB who wasn't good enough to start at his Alma mater...

And our head coach has never held such a position.

SOUNDS LIKE 10 WINS TO ME!!!!

Rocky Top! Woo!

Don't forget taking away the worst football coach in Tennessee history

Reactions: 3 people
This cuts both ways though. We also barely lost 8 games. Florida beat us on a Hail Mary, USCjr game came down to 1 play, and we lost to KY by a field goal.

I really think most fans don't realize how poorly developed, conditioned, and coached that 2017 team was. Also add in the fact that everyone knew the writing was on the wall for Butch and players are going to quit out there.

Pruitt won't win 10 games next season, but I also highly doubt he loses 8.
I assure you that any CFB fan that watched Tennessee in 2017 knows exactly the quality of coaching Tennessee received. You could have received your education in the state of Alabama and still be smart enough to see it.

Reactions: 4 people
Boy, the committee would have to really consider that, but yes, I think we could make it, but it would be awful close.

I think it would be damn close, too, and obviously dependent on how dominant the other Power 5 champs look in winning their conferences. Now what if the losses were to WV and Alabama in the championship game? That means we win down there in October. Even stronger case to get in?

Only if Pruitt puts the team up in a Holiday Inn Express in Atlanta before the game.

Week 1 is always fluky though. Great example is GT last year. UT scored 42(!!) points and then struggled all year to put up anything else.

The FL game will likely tell us more.

True, but 14 of those points came in OT and GT exposed our weaknesses in a lot of ways. That game was definitely indicative of how terrible we were defensively.

VN Store

Back