2018 Midterm Election Thread

I do. And I take every available deduction allowed to me by law. Is that not fair?
If the laws are fair, sure. If a wealthy person can legally pay zero, then obviously the laws aren't fair. Trump's tax system makes the laws less fair.
Trump's philosophy....give the masses a little cut and they will not blink an eye at the true cuts being made for the one percenters, national debt be damned.

If the laws are fair, sure. If a wealthy person can legally pay zero, then obviously the laws aren't fair. Trump's tax system makes the laws less fair.
Trump's philosophy....give the masses a little cut and they will not blink an eye at the true cuts being made for the one percenters, national debt be damned.
You are making a value judgement based on your liberal bias. It is what YOU determine to be 'fair'. And you move the goal posts to boot. So let's get down to it. How about a flat tax? Everybody pays the same percentage?

That's the great debate. I obviously think the wealthier you are, the more you should pay.
Just to play devil's advocate, can you defend the position that, there more you have, the more you should be responsible to pay? It's such a common claim, i think people just take it for granted without testing it for validity.

If you and I lived in a neighborhood that shared services, you'd have a hard time justifying ones household paying most of the social services for the neighborhood just because they are more well to do financially.

I'm game. Show rationally why it's more "fair" to have the wealthy pay more for society. That means no appeals to emotion.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Personally I think if you ad MORE burden on society, you should pay more, not less. How about that one luther?

Just to play devil's advocate, can you defend the position that, there more you have, the more you should be responsible to pay? It's such a common claim, i think people just take it for granted without testing it for validity.

If you and I lived in a neighborhood that shared services, you'd have a hard time justifying ones household paying most of the social services for the neighborhood just because they are more well to do financially.

I'm game. Show rationally why it's more "fair" to have the wealthy pay more for society. That means no appeals to emotion.
If your lot had more street footage, then it would cost more to service your property than mine.

VN Store

Back