2017 Recruiting Chatter

There's a constant flow of Oak Ridge guys out of the state or at least away from UT. Got to be a coach or coaches over there that hates the Big Orange. Even Oak Ridges unis look a little like Alabamas [ or at least they did at one time]. Time for Butch to put an end to this ****e.

Last edited:
I am really starting to despise Tee Martin. Worse than Arian Foster.

Same here. It's a shame because he should be one of my all time favorites. Is there a reason why Tee wouldn't really feel like a VFL other than us apparently lowballing his offer to be our WR coach that one time?

Same here. It's a shame because he should be one of my all time favorites. Is there a reason why Tee wouldn't really feel like a VFL other than us apparently lowballing his offer to be our WR coach that one time?

I don't really give a crap, he is a caliboy now, that thinks he is to good for us bunch of hicks. Take his name off the stinkin road, and give to someone that deserves it, and really is a Vol for life...Al Wilson.

Reactions: 1 person

I have heard rumblings that Tee didn't like the way UT responded to the allegations out of Mobile several years ago. Given the fact that nothing came of it I can't imagine what his problem would be.

But why would his son decommit where he is coaching?

Dont know, but if Tee was home where he belongs, or at least, still loved UT enough not to run it down, I feel like his boy would feel differently about staying home.

So is Amari going to make a habit of recruiting against UT?

Only at TN. IF that happens it would be a shame.

As much dumb stuff I've seen associated with UT athletics in last 10 yrs it wouldn't suprise me

Only at TN. IF that happens it would be a shame.

As much dumb stuff I've seen associated with UT athletics in last 10 yrs it wouldn't suprise me

There is some kind of friction between Tee and Butch over the "interview". Larry (LWSVOL) has posted this. He didn't elaborate but indicated Tee would never coach here as long as Butch was here. Not sure what happened but it probably sealed our fate with Amari.

There is some kind of friction between Tee and Butch over the "interview". Larry (LWSVOL) has posted this. He didn't elaborate but indicated Tee would never coach here as long as Butch was here. Not sure what happened but it probably sealed our fate with Amari.

Wander who was at fault?

I know Trey Smith is a 5 star right now... But he plays terrible competition. It will be interesting to see how he performs at camps where he doesn't out weight everyone by 100+...

He was at the Opening as a junior and showed out

How did he run TN down?

I believe he does. You may see it different. I hope you're right. It sucks that a guy who should be an all time hero, and a representative of UT, no matter where he is, seems to like shoving our noses in crap. I am pretty sure Robert Gillespie doesn't run Florida down just because he works for us. At least I haven't heard anything even remotely negative like that from him, or about him. I respect that

Reactions: 1 person
Have no idea, he didn't/wouldn't elaborate. I've heard a couple of stories, one was Tee's fault, one was Butch's so who knows.

If Tee didnt like the title and/or $ then he could have just declined and all is cool.

Makes me wander if something butch said that really peed Tee off.

Either way it's shameful that this happened with TN last national champ QB.

If Tee didnt like the title and/or $ then he could have just declined and all is cool.

It is sad..and hurtful to the faithful.

I believe he does. You may see it different. I hope you're right. It sucks that a guy who should be an all time hero, and a representative of UT, no matter where he is, seems to like shoving our noses in crap. I am pretty sure Robert Gillespie doesn't run Florida down just because he works for us. At least I haven't heard anything even remotely negative like that from him, or about him. I respect that

Im with you on CRG.

I'm not sure Tee was serious about coming home. Maybe wasted Butch's time. One theory.

I'm not sure Tee was serious about coming home. Maybe wasted Butch's time. One theory.

Would have been nice to had him here. Talented position coach, #1 recruiter in the country this year, OC skills to be determined. Tee over CZA even for more money would have been a good investment.

Surely he was serious after flying across country.

That appears to have been a serious trip home but he apparently didnt like the offer

VN Store

Back