2016 Tennessee Preseason Poll Tracker

Who, Malinois, who? :)

I meant too answer this am, I was laughing hard at my own post. "Pole". What a nincompoop!

IIRC, aren't our Gator pals missing?

I've looked at the poll 3 times and can't find them. Thought it odd.

I meant too answer this am, I was laughing hard at my own post. "Pole". What a nincompoop!

IIRC, aren't our Gator pals missing?

I've looked at the poll 3 times and can't find them. Thought it odd.

Why, yes! Yes, I think you're right, Malinois. They DO seem to be missing from the list. Huh. How about that?

:) :) :)

p.s. Personally hoping they sneak into the bottom of the Top 25 by late September...just so we can be the ones to knock them out again. :)

Why, yes! Yes, I think you're right, Malinois. They DO seem to be missing from the list. Huh. How about that?

:) :) :)

p.s. Personally hoping they sneak into the bottom of the Top 25 by late September...just so we can be the ones to knock them out again. :)

Haha. Sweet.

I feel better now, JP. My eyes aren't what they was. I honestly thought I was overlooking them.

#batteredvolsyndrome

Reactions: 1 person
That is a shocker. #1 is fine by seasons end but that's too high for preseason polls. I can't see us any higher than 6th-7th to begin the season. That's being kind too. I say more like 8th-10th is more likely.

That is more of a poll to predict where teams will finish the season rather than try to rank them to begin the season.

#7 is the highest any poll or prediction media has placed us right? I know I've seen a few having us outside the top 10 as low as #14 but I believe #7 is the highest by a couple of media now including Phil Steele.

No. We've been rated as high as #1 and #3. I think we were also rated #5 by someone.

7-9 seems to be the consensus.

13 is the lowest we've been ranked.

No. We've been rated as high as #1 and #3. I think we were also rated #5 by someone.

7-9 seems to be the consensus.

13 is the lowest we've been ranked.

Point me to a poll that ranked us #1? I don't remember one at all thus far. I don't even remember one with a #3 ranking buddy.

Maybe a #5 ranking but that would have to be the highest I remember seeing. I couldn't remember if the lowest was #13 or #14 but I was close on that.

Edit: I see the 1st post has two polls have us predicted #3 & one poll predicting us #5. There are none that say #1.

Last edited:
Point me to a poll that ranked us #1? I don't remember one at all thus far. I don't even remember one with a #3 ranking buddy.

Maybe a #5 ranking but that would have to be the highest I remember seeing. I couldn't remember if the lowest was #13 or #14 but I was close on that.

Edit: I see the 1st post has two polls have us predicted #3 & one poll predicting us #5. There are none that say #1.[/B

Tennessee ranked No. 1 in the nation by preseason publication

Not the biggest name but one of the most accurate.

I can’t believe I am this bored and hungry for football, but so far;
Sporting News 13
Athalon, (Pre-Season) 7
ESPN Joe Schad 9
BleacherRep post spring 7
CFNpost spring 3
Campus Insider post spring 3
ESPN FPI 5
Sports Illus, Postseason PR 8
Fox post spring Top 25 8
ESPN Way Too Early 10
Massey Ratings 7
CBS CFB Power Ratings 12
Pro Football Focus 9
Lindy's 6
McIllece Sports 1
The Sporting News 13
Phil Steele 7

16 rankings , 7.19 composite. Throw away highest and lowest, (for S&G’s), 7.21 composite.
Funny, we won’t realize the impact of pre- season love until our bye week, as the last half of our schedule are ‘supposed to win’ games and offer no ‘On the Field Improvement by Ranking’ only a chance to look bad to the playoff committee. But an early top 10 ranking and a great first half of the season will keep us in the mix should Team 120 prevail through the first weekend of December.
Looks like Team 120 is gonna get enough pre-season love! Can't wait to see what happens on the field. Seven months of hype! I’m so ready for some Football!
GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I can’t believe I am this bored and hungry for football, but so far;
Sporting News 13
Athalon, (Pre-Season) 7
ESPN Joe Schad 9
BleacherRep post spring 7
CFNpost spring 3
Campus Insider post spring 3
ESPN FPI 5
Sports Illus, Postseason PR 8
Fox post spring Top 25 8
ESPN Way Too Early 10
Massey Ratings 7
CBS CFB Power Ratings 12
Pro Football Focus 9
Lindy's 6
McIllece Sports 1
The Sporting News 13
Phil Steele 7

17 rankings , 7.53 composite. Throw away highest and lowest, (for S&G’s), 7.6 composite.
Funny, we won’t realize the impact of pre- season love until our bye week, as the last half of our schedule are ‘supposed to win’ games and offer no ‘On the Field Improvement by Ranking’ only a chance to look bad to the playoff committee. But an early top 10 ranking and a great first half of the season will keep us in the mix should Team 120 prevail through the first weekend of December.
Looks like Team 120 is gonna get enough pre-season love! Can't wait to see what happens on the field. Seven months of hype! I’m so ready for some Football!
GBO!

Good work, Capt Mike, but you have The Sporting News on the list twice. Don't know if that changes your math or not.

Good work, Capt Mike, but you have The Sporting News on the list twice. Don't know if that changes your math or not.

Oops, thanks for the edit, correction has been made. It did change the math a little bit AND it filled up a few more anticipatory minutes of summer preceding Volball.

16 rankings , 7.19 composite. Throw away highest and lowest, (for S&G’s), 7.21 composite.

Hiya, WEV!!!
Team 120, lucky #7. May they flabbergast everyone by going 15-0!

Preseason ranking - #7.Neyland's maxims? - 7. Coincidence? Methinks not.

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.
3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.
4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.
6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

If Team 120 does the above, 15-0 is not some preseason fevered dream. It could really happen! :crossfingers:

Reactions: 3 people
Who do you pick to beat us then? Bama or Georgia or somebody else? Please don't say UF!

Bama. I think we beat the brakes off UF this year (finally) and will be riding the high into Athens the next week and facing a (possibly) 2-2 UGA.

Don't get me wrong that UGA game will be tough, but I think the Vols take it in the end.

VN Store

Back