2016 nfl mvp?

2016 NFL MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's just Ben is a more realistic option to win the MVP than half the people listed......IMO.

But, the ones I have listed have finished in the top 5-10 in the MVP race before. Big Ben has done it as well. Like I said, if I could have provided more choices I would have but the limit is 10.

Maybe I need to ask Freak if we can get that changed for posting polls on here. Maybe allow 15+ options/choices. That way it would be a wide open race to the choice for all polls posted on here.

Romo did have his best season in 2014 before his injuries. He arguably could have been MVP that season. He had the stats/numbers to have been awarded MVP. If he's healthy then yes he can be MVP.

He seems like he'd be more likely for comeback player of the year with a good season, right?

He seems like he'd be more likely for comeback player of the year with a good season, right?

Yeah, he could be comeback player too. But, he could also be MVP. Look what he did in 2014. He's still capable of putting up MVP numbers if he stays healthy.

But, the ones I have listed have finished in the top 5-10 in the MVP race before. Big Ben has done it as well. Like I said, if I could have provided more choices I would have but the limit is 10.

Maybe I need to ask Freak if we can get that changed for posting polls on here. Maybe allow 15+ options/choices. That way it would be a wide open race to the choice for all polls posted on here.

The poll is fine, I'm guessing the ones you listed are in order of who you'll think has the best chance of winning, or it seems that way, I'd put Ben after Rodgers

The poll is fine, I'm guessing the ones you listed are in order of who you'll think has the best chance of winning, or it seems that way, I'd put Ben after Rodgers

In all seriousness, I just was going thru all teams naming starting QB's that seemed to be the favorites heading into the 2016 season. Not all gathered knowledge on my own. I read an article or two as well to help me name them.

Cam is close with Steph Curry so I see him going "all in" to match the back-to-back MVP awards. Panthers fall short of Super Bowl, though.

All this Cam Newton love? What the hell!

I think the fact that he is the reigning MVP might have something to do with it. Also that it was even really close with anyone else. He turned Ted Ginn into a viable #1 receiver. That hints that he might actually be a magician.
Getting Kelvin Benjamin back this year isn't hurting his chances of a repeat performance.

Reactions: 1 person
Romo did have his best season in 2014 before his injuries. He arguably could have been MVP that season. He had the stats/numbers to have been awarded MVP. If he's healthy then yes he can be MVP.

You mean the 2014 when Dallas decided to rely way less on Romo and suddenly started winning?

He's got some weapons too. IF the running game can keep the pressure off him, he may put up MVP type numbers. He set a few franchise records last year and he really didn't play well until halfway thru the season.

I thought you were joking about Cousins but now I'm not so sure

You mean the 2014 when Dallas decided to rely way less on Romo and suddenly started winning?

He's played most of his career without a strong rushing attack and he's 78-49.

Yeah, they had a balanced attack in 2014, but statistically it was Romo's best year ever because he was put in better situations. I don't think MVP voters will look at the last few years and hold the Cowboys record against Romo. It only works in his favor, IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
He's played most of his career without a strong rushing attack and he's 78-49.

Yeah, they had a balanced attack in 2014, but statistically it was Romo's best year ever because he was put in better situations. I don't think MVP voters will look at the last few years and hold the Cowboys record against Romo. It only works in his favor, IMO.

That's my point. They were like 30th in pass attempts. He didn't throw as many picks because he didn't have to force the ball as much. Romo was underrated before that season and is a top ten QB, but he's never played at an MVP level.

That's my point. They were like 30th in pass attempts. He didn't throw as many picks because he didn't have to force the ball as much. Romo was underrated before that season and is a top ten QB, but he's never played at an MVP level.

But he threw a lot of TDs and he only played 15 games. I think the D is worse than 2014, so he will possibly be throwing significantly more if healthy.

But he threw a lot of TDs and he only played 15 games. I think the D is worse than 2014, so he will possibly be throwing significantly more if healthy.

If the D is that bad, A) they won't be better than 10-6 (and that's generous) and B) Romo will throw 15+ interceptions. I would actually put a lot of money on him NOT winning the MVP, now or in the future.

If the D is that bad, A) they won't be better than 10-6 (and that's generous) and B) Romo will throw 15+ interceptions. I would actually put a lot of money on him NOT winning the MVP, now or in the future.

He's only done that twice in his career. Why do you expect him to do that this year?

He's only done that twice in his career. Why do you expect him to do that this year?

Twice in the four seasons he's thrown for 4,000+ yards. Your MVP case for him is based on him throwing a ton, and if he does, he's going to throw picks and the team won't be a contender.

Also this. If I'm ranking the 32 QBs, Ben is at least 10 spots higher than Dalton.

Probably right. When I made the poll I was basing players off my memory. Didn't use any external sources to help give me names.

I agree that Big Ben should have been in the poll but just choose "other" & make a post to vote for him.

VN Store

Back