2016 NBA Draft

Why do you say that? The 76ers would take anyone to upgrade that team. I still think Ingram has the higher ceiling than Simmons. Simmons can't shoot a lick. Maybe he will develop an outside shot but he doesn't have one right now.

Ingram can already shoot the ball from the outside & shoots it pretty well. He shot just over 41% from 3pt range this past season at Duke. Both are very athletic players. I would just prefer Ingram over Simmons.

Unfortunately BI's 3 point shooting doesn't necessarily translate. It's only 1 year of stats (could be a fluke) and the line is shorter and D is softer.

Unfortunately BI's 3 point shooting doesn't necessarily translate. It's only 1 year of stats (could be a fluke) and the line is shorter and D is softer.

Yeah, Justise Winslow had similar 3P% and FT% stats as Ingram and he's not a shooter at all. I think Ingram's shooting will be fine though

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, Justise Winslow had similar 3P% and FT% stats as Ingram and he's not a shooter at all. I think Ingram's shooting will be fine though

To be fair, BI made 80 3s and Winslow only made 46, so I would say BI's shooting seems more reliable, but not enough to feel certain.

FWIW, Durant hit 82 3s at 40%, and IIRC he was shooting from Chris Lofton range a lot of the time.

I don't think he can run an offense full-time or anything, but he's solidly above average for his size IMO

Ingram would not be running an offense. Simmons however, his style dictates that he is making decisions and distributing the ball.

I like Simmons skill set, even if he never develops a jumpshot. I liked Blake Griffin better before he started playing mid-range basketball.

As long as you can put 3 shooters on the floor with Simmons, you can do all kinds of things with him. He's such a good passer, he'd be good in the pick n roll, and he can attack the offensive glass.

I'm really not worried about the NCAA Tournament thing though. I don't think it's all that telling when his coach was that awful. Simmons is still one of the best young college players I've ever seen.

Some think he quit mid season. Quiting is never acceptable.

I like Simmons skill set, even if he never develops a jumpshot. I liked Blake Griffin better before he started playing mid-range basketball.

As long as you can put 3 shooters on the floor with Simmons, you can do all kinds of things with him. He's such a good passer, he'd be good in the pick n roll, and he can attack the offensive glass.

Why? Blake had to develop that shot or become a dominant low post player. Hitting an open 15 footer is far easier than navigating the paint. Guys would just dare him to shoot, he has become a solid shooter from there, it has opened his game to become a lethal pick and pop or pick and roll player and a playmaker.

Why? Blake had to develop that shot or become a dominant low post player. Hitting an open 15 footer is far easier than navigating the paint. Guys would just dare him to shoot, he has become a solid shooter from there, it has opened his game to become a lethal pick and pop or pick and roll player and a playmaker.

BG the last 4 years from 10' - 16'

I like him to be around the basket because he was a great offensive rebounder when he didn't "have a mid-range game".

1. Sixers- Simmons
2. Lakers- Ingram
3. Celtics- Bender
4. Suns-Brown
5. Timberwolves- Hield

How I think the top five plays out

Seriously people should not sleep on Jamal Murray. Love that guy's game. I really think he's be a great player in Minnesota

1. Sixers- Simmons
2. Lakers- Ingram
3. Celtics- Bender
4. Suns-Brown
5. Timberwolves- Hield

How I think the top five plays out

You know what. I think I would have to agree with all 5 of those picks. The only questionable pick of the 5 would be the Suns taking Hield & TWolves taking Brown instead but I think you're right.

Boston if they decide to keep the pick it has to be Dragan Bender. They might choose to trade it away though. You never know about Ainge but Bender would fit a need for my Celtics down low.

You know what. I think I would have to agree with all 5 of those picks. The only questionable pick of the 5 would be the Suns taking Hield & TWolves taking Brown instead but I think you're right.

Boston if they decide to keep the pick it has to be Dragan Bender. They might choose to trade it away though. You never know about Ainge but Bender would fit a need for my Celtics down low.

Plus Boston don't have to rush Bender either. They don't need him year one.

Reactions: 1 person
Alright guys, here are the college draft entrees who had the best stats in 2016.

Don't interpret their ranking to mean this is their exact draft value. For example, Kyle Collinsworth played in a fairly weak conference, so his numbers are a bit inflated and he's a 24 YO senior, so a lot of his potential has already been realized. That being said, he'll probably end up being a hometown steal for the Jazz in the 2nd round. :pepper:

Attachments

• draft projections.jpg
    draft projections.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
I've seen projections for Toronto going Poeltl or Sabonis. Sabonis fills a bigger need and is more proven.

We need a Utah jazz thread so I can watch huff talk to himself

VN Store

Back