2016 FL DE Patrick Bethel

Unless Miami makes a really good hire quickly it wont be them. Imo And if true, there has to be a small part of him happy he won't be playing in front of 2k uninterested fans.

Hope we land him.

He said his Dad told him not to pick a school because of a coach. Pick a school that you like for the school itself. Basically said it didn't matter that Miami's coach was gone.

He said his Dad told him not to pick a school because of a coach. Pick a school that you like for the school itself. Basically said it didn't matter that Miami's coach was gone.

Interesting. I would have to be hit with a defibrillator between quarters to play at Miami. Whether my dad played there or not.

Per Hubbs

Florida defensive lineman Pat Bethel is expected for an official visit when the Vols take on South Carolina next weekend. Bethel is visiting Auburn this weekend and will see LSU after Tennessee. A Miami legacy, he has been paying more attention to schools other than the Hurricanes at this point but that could have to do with the coaching situation in Coral Gables.

Per Hubbs

Pat Bethel - Bethel seems as open as anyone. He just finished an official visit to Auburn and while he liked that trip, he wasn't ready to open up about a pecking order. This will be his first time on Tennessee's campus and he's built a relationship with John Jancek and Steve Stripling that is helping the Vols' cause. LSU (where he is planning on visiting next),Alabama, Florida, FSU are in the mix along with the Vols and Tigers

“The game environment was pretty nice,” said Bethel, who’s the son of former Miami tight end Randy Bethel. “That was one of the better games I’ve been to. It was real close, and the crowd, they were into it. The play that ended the game, I was right there, so that was pretty cool.

“The people there were real genuine, and I liked them a lot. The environment was nice, and the coaches were cool. It was just overall a good experience and pretty helpful to kind of let me in on what I needed to know about the school.”

He said he enjoyed spending the weekend with Tennessee coach Butch Jones’ staff, including defensive line coach Steve Stripling.

“It gave me kind of a better feel for who they were and stuff like that, so I appreciated the time I had to go up there, talk to them for a little bit and see what they’re all about,” Bethel said. “They were real genuine, and that’s the kind of thing that stood out to me. They were genuine, and they took their jobs serious.”

Bethel, who’s planning to be an early enrollee, said he’s hoping to make his decision in the not-too-distant future.

Reactions: 4 people
"Those guys they get off the ball and they play football real well, especially (Tennessee sophomore Derek) Barnett,” said Bethel, who was making his first trip to Rocky Top. “I kind of watched him a lot because I really felt like I could learn stuff from watching him, seeing stuff that he was doing that I am not.”

“That would be cool if that were to happen,” Bethel said. “Somebody who’s been there a couple years and could teach me something. That's pretty cool. Pretty good opportunity.”

Scout

Reactions: 2 people
pretty-pretty-pretty-good.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back