2016 DNC Discussion

Yeah, he should stand there and take all that vitriol from that camel humping Pakistani, and not fight back.

Depends on whether you want him to actually win or just look "tough". I use that term loosely because it's pretty clear he's a spineless wimp when it comes to being criticized, even though his acolytes seem to think he's a demigod.

He chose his path and it appears to have been the losing one. Will he learn from it and take the high road next time? Doubt it. One thing's for sure - if he loses he'll blame everyone but himself.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, that zinger really hurt 72s feelings all right.

I'm starting to wonder if he is devoid of feelings. Anger is the only one I see. No signs of compassion, empathy, or understanding. He even puts the nice things he says on their own pedestals.

Marks of a sociopath. A pity, if true. I oft wonder how those folks form their own relationships with people they systematically attempt to care about.

I'm starting to wonder if he is devoid of feelings. Anger is the only one I see. No signs of compassion, empathy, or understanding. He even puts the nice things he says on their own pedestals.

Marks of a sociopath. A pity, if true. I oft wonder how those folks form their own relationships with people they systematically attempt to care about.
It appears that my first response to your foray into amateur psychiatry didn't survive the cutting room floor.

I wonder if you feel any compassion, empathy, or understanding for the families and friends of the person that you ply with alcohol. That person may very well go home and physically or verbally abuse others. You are the pusher man. damn the pusher man.

Reactions: 1 person
It appears that my first response to your foray into amateur psychiatry didn't survive the cutting room floor.

I wonder if you feel any compassion, empathy, or understanding for the families and friends of the person that you ply with alcohol. That person may very well go home and physically or verbally abuse others. You are the pusher man. damn the pusher man.

Fantastic song. Made for a solid intro to Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda making the drug deal of made men, riding down the desert highway alone and, for at least that moment, free as free can be.

Fantastic song. Made for a solid intro to Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda making the drug deal of made men, riding down the desert highway alone and, for at least that moment, free as free can be.
So, the part that you play in contributing to the breakup of families, loss of gainful employment, DWI's, and possible vehicle fatalities doesn't bother you in the least? Of course, you aren't really responsible. If you didn't do it, someone else would.....right?

Aw, I made you mad.

I'd rather be guilty of that than of disrespecting the selfless dead.

I do believe that the dad is the one that disrespected his son. He stood on his grave to make a political point 12 years and three presidential elections after his son died and apparently received $25,000 to give a speech he didn't write.

So, the part that you play in contributing to the breakup of families, loss of gainful employment, DWI's, and possible vehicle fatalities doesn't bother you in the least? Of course, you aren't really responsible. If you didn't do it, someone else would.....right?
People are gonna drink man.

I do believe that the dad is the one that disrespected his son. He stood on his grave to make a political point 12 years and three presidential elections after his son died and apparently received $25,000 to give a speech he didn't write.
I am glad someone agrees with me. Maybe he can buy a new camel or three with the 25 large.

Oh , it's worse. I preside over various groups of 5-15 people that play in that part.

Of course, personal responsibility is assumed to profoundly different degrees on one side of the stick in contrast to the other.

Last edited:
The Democrats like to get out their "message" by getting a victim to deliver it. They think that prevents a response. Can't fight back against a victim, you know?

I don't think that was specifically the case. Candidates tend to get a bump after their respective conventions.

It's difficult to differentiate this catastrophic media cycle from the typical post-convention bump.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Even in the midst of Trump's post-convention bump, Clinton's poll numbers remained pretty steady. That would seem to imply that he gained some undecideds but on average didn't flip Clinton voters. Now that the DNC is over, though, his are plummeting like a rock while hers increase. I really don't think the events of the past few days will help him if the Fox poll is anything to judge by.

It's difficult to differentiate this catastrophic media cycle from the typical post-convention bump.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Even in the midst of Trump's post-convention bump, Clinton's poll numbers remained pretty steady. That would seem to imply that he gained some undecideds but on average didn't flip Clinton voters. Now that the DNC is over, though, his are plummeting like a rock while hers increase. I really don't think the events of the past few days will help him if the Fox poll is anything to judge by.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think him inserting his foot into his mouth (as usual) helped him in any way. But the overtaking of his lead by Clinton probably just follows the standard bounce in the wake of the convention.

VN Store

Back