2016 By the Numbers

Cannot argue with Saban's results.
But I'd like someone to point to the last game he coached where he had less talent on the field?
Just curious.

Can anyone answer this? Just curiosity.
My guess would be early LSU. He had phenomenal talent at bammer from the get go. Shula couldn't coach but brought in very, very solid talent.

Cannot argue with Saban's results.
But I'd like someone to point to the last game he coached where he had less talent on the field?
Just curious.

A very quick look at the numbers reveals that it won't be 2016, it wasn't in 2015, nor 2014, nor 2013, not 2012, not 2011 either.

In fact, you have to go back to 2010 to find a team that had a better four year average than Bama, and Bama didn't even play them that year (Bama still had more talent than every team they played). 2009 is the last season that Bama played a more talented team, only one, and Bama went undefeated.

A very quick look at the numbers reveals that it won't be 2016, it wasn't in 2015, nor 2014, nor 2013, not 2012, not 2011 either.

In fact, you have to go back to 2010 to find a team that had a better four year average than Bama, and Bama didn't even play them that year (Bama still had more talent than every team they played). 2009 is the last season that Bama played a more talented team, only one, and Bama went undefeated.

Who was that 1 team?

who was that 1 team?

If you mean the last team that had a better recruiting average it was USC.

If you mean the last team that had a better recruiting average that Bama beat, it was Florida.

Edit: I should clarify. The last time that Bama *played* a team with a higher average was Florida in 2009. Bama won.

Last edited:

So, according to your numbers, what's your prediction against Bama this season?

If you mean the last team that had a better recruiting average it was USC.

If you mean the last team that had a better recruiting average that Bama beat, it was Florida.

So UF in 09? Was it a big advantage or were they close? It seems like they were close.

Reactions: 1 person
Not for this one, nope.

I gotcha. Florida for example, lost a lot to early NFL entree's. Hargreaves, one of their tackles, and a RB, for example and that should knock them down the list a bit. I think that North would be Tennessee's only early entry. I know that would be a whole lot of extra work though.

I gotcha. Florida for example, lost a lot to early NFL entree's. Hargreaves, one of their tackles, and a RB, for example and that should knock them down the list a bit. I think that North would be Tennessee's only early entry. I know that would be a whole lot of extra work though.

Looking at any brand of attrition doesn't generally change this outlook.

I'm bumping this because...

There is a need for some objectivity in the next few weeks.

Be kind to each other, the players and the coaches...it's about to get considerably rougher.

VN Store

Back