2015 mock draft

Stoked

2015 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Just to get everyone's hope up just a little bit more, Looney is projected 5th to the Pelicans and Jarnell is projected 30th to the Heat. Means they are predicting Stokes to come back for his senior year. IMO Stokes is gone this year regardless, but we can only dream :)

Well sorry guys didn't mean for this thread to be such a fail haha...but wow

While we're at it. Let's just put an ad up all across the major website. No 5 star prospects will be recruited. Should get the message across.

Honestly we need more walk-ons on the team and less scholarship players

We also need less 3 and 4* players, we don't need em. Underateds are the way to go. :drive2:

Personally I dont feel Stokes has played his way into a first round selection just yet. He isnt the tallest guy in the world, plus hasnt been very consistent night in and night out on the court. When guarded by taller, good sound defensive players he has at times seemed to completely dissappear within games due to the lack of a good offensive skill set. He is however a great rebounder, and I believe if he was to declare after this season he would be drafted for that alone. A team will give him a shot thinking in time they could polish his skills enough to get him where he could be a regular 10 and 10 type of player at the NBA level. Hopefully he has worked hard all this offseason and will be much improved all around. If nothing else, one would think his numbers will have to be a little better and more consistent with the return of Maymon.

Personally I dont feel Stokes has played his way into a first round selection just yet. He isnt the tallest guy in the world, plus hasnt been very consistent night in and night out on the court. When guarded by taller, good sound defensive players he has at times seemed to completely dissappear within games due to the lack of a good offensive skill set. He is however a great rebounder, and I believe if he was to declare after this season he would be drafted for that alone. A team will give him a shot thinking in time they could polish his skills enough to get him where he could be a regular 10 and 10 type of player at the NBA level. Hopefully he has worked hard all this offseason and will be much improved all around. If nothing else, one would think his numbers will have to be a little better and more consistent with the return of Maymon.
Last year he was pretty consistent, averaging a double double in during SEC play, while being doubled team almost every game. I'm interested to see how he is going to look this year with Maymon by his side and not Hall lol. Not saying I think he deserves a 1st round pick yet, but but the end of the season I think he will deserve it! JMO

Stokes is already an excellent college player who was very consistent last season. As mentioned, he's prohibitively short for an NBA center. To be an NBA forward, he would have to develop / display an effective mid-range game. Hopefully with another solid post player in Maymon, Stokes will be allowed to operate more than 5' from the basket. That may not neccessarily be the best thing for UT this season, but it needs to happen for Stoke's future IMHO.

I am speaking only of his offensive game, not rebounding ability or defensive play. When guarded by lesser competition he was generally productive overall. When matched up against other big physical SEC post players or when being guarded by players that are his equal, any scoring he may could offer seems to dissappear. That in turn often creates the habit of him becoming a non factor within the game for lenghtly periods of time. The first 15 games of the season he had 5 of what I consider to be average scoring games of 10-15 points. In 3 of those 5 games he scored 10, 14, and 12 while facing teams that are thought of as easy wins and considered to be very weak competiton. Out of those 5 games of scoring between 10-15 points, only twice did he do it vs. quality teams in Memphis (11 points) and Ole Miss (15 points). During the same 15 games, when facing teams from the little sisters of the poor he had 3 good scoring games of 24, 19, and 18. In seven out of those first 15 games when facing the more quality teams of our non conference schedule he had 7 points or fewer. I will say again that 7 out of 9 of our first 15 games he had 7 or fewer points! The last two of those first 15 games which were awful games on his part was against SEC teams. After the first two SEC games, he then started a nice stretch of 11 games from 1/19 until 2/23 vs. all SEC opponents. During that time he really hit his stride and had 8 really impressive games of 15 or more points. He had one truly awful performance out of those 11 and it came when facing Ole Miss for the second time on the season .His night ended with 6 points and only 4 boards. In the last 6 games to close out the regular season he had two games of 8 points scored. The other 4 games he scored between 10 and 13 points respectfully. In the 32 regular season games he managed to average 12.4 points per game. Only 10 times was he able to score more than 15 points in a game. He scored 10 or fewer points in 10 of his 32 games played. Do a little quick math in your head and a rough estimate percentage wise comes out to being 31.5 % of the time he had good games of above 15. He also had bad games of less than 10 points scored 31.5 % of the time. His percentage of average/decent scoring games he had of 10-15 points is 37%. That isnt exactly being consistent the entire season game in and game out. I do consider him to be a good college player and glad he is apart of our team. With all that being said, he is still very limited on offense. During crunch time of a game, up to this point in his career we havent on any type of a regular basis been able to rely on him by feedin him the ball in the post and have him go to work and get us a much needed basket. You cannot argue the fact that he is lacking a good offensive skill set which is a shame considering he is a junior and should have developed into more of a scoring threat by now. Averaging 12.4 ppg along with 9.6 rpg on the season makes him about as close as you can get to a walking double double but is a little flawed. His PPG average is mainly due to inflated stats coming from 2-3 games of scoring 20 or more along with 6-7 games where he scored in the high teens. The majority of his scoring consists of garbage baskets coming from putbacks off of rebounds and there is nothing wrong with that. Just imagine if he had a slightly above average skill set on offense. If he had a couple of moves he could use and score with at a high percentage, he then would be a complete player. Over night he seemingly would become a consistent low post scoring threat all because of him being able to generate points off a few signature moves.

VN Store

Back