2015 IL F Admiral Schofield (UT commit 8/31/14) (signed)

In the video I watched, it looked like he could barely dunk.
giphy.gif

This thread could keep Freezing Cold Takes in business for the next year on its own.

Maybe so, but the staff is recruiting 6-5, 240 "undersized post" Grant Williams (Rob Lewis' and Evan Daniels' words) pretty dang hard.
Admiral was going to be the odd man out as the roster had other PF recruits and their was no way he could play the 3. To the recrutniks the entire starting 5 were disasters and proof that UT should fire DT and never hire a washed up old fart like Barnes who was not a big time recruiter. Yeah we should of fired DT he was a sleaze bag, and history shows Pearl was not much better. Do I want Barnes to continue to develop undersized 2 and 3 stars that were not recruited by any other programs other than IVY and directional schools, NO! Point was the UT fan base and some Bosters fixed men's BB years ago and created a cluster and the big name 5 stars wanted no part of us. Those we got really never panned out other than Tobias Harris. McCrae Crews Smith and Smith Stokes and Hubbs never lived up to the hype. I like everybody else loved me some Pearl and kissed his arse, history shows Crews never was much of anything other than a tough guy under the basket with few offensive skills. Smith and Smith were to busy living the thug life to let BB get in the way of crime and its rewards. McRae Hubbs floundered under Pearl. Stokes never gained any game other than what he taught himself other than defense tasught by CM. Tobias was developed by his father, besides Pearl was under attack by the NCAA and suspension little TH accomplished can be credited to Pearl.

We all panicked during the last 10 games as we lost 4 games. We forgot where these kids came from and how hard they worked and how hard they were coached to be developed to accomplish what they did. Reality is they are still undersized tweeners and their was a reason neither were highly recruited. The success of this no name top 7 rotation will allow Barnes to go out and up the talent level for the future. Our fan base will not accept a huge drop off over the next 2 years as this staff finds other projects and develops them. Barnes has to sign 4 and 5 star players and develop them to plug in to what is coming back next year.....

Admiral was going to be the odd man out as the roster had other PF recruits and their was no way he could play the 3. To the recrutniks the entire starting 5 were disasters and proof that UT should fire DT and never hire a washed up old fart like Barnes who was not a big time recruiter. Yeah we should of fired DT he was a sleaze bag, and history shows Pearl was not much better. Do I want Barnes to continue to develop undersized 2 and 3 stars that were not recruited by any other programs other than IVY and directional schools, NO! Point was the UT fan base and some Bosters fixed men's BB years ago and created a cluster and the big name 5 stars wanted no part of us. Those we got really never panned out other than Tobias Harris. McCrae Crews Smith and Smith Stokes and Hubbs never lived up to the hype. I like everybody else loved me some Pearl and kissed his arse, history shows Crews never was much of anything other than a tough guy under the basket with few offensive skills. Smith and Smith were to busy living the thug life to let BB get in the way of crime and its rewards. McRae Hubbs floundered under Pearl. Stokes never gained any game other than what he taught himself other than defense tasught by CM. Tobias was developed by his father, besides Pearl was under attack by the NCAA and suspension little TH accomplished can be credited to Pearl.

We all panicked during the last 10 games as we lost 4 games. We forgot where these kids came from and how hard they worked and how hard they were coached to be developed to accomplish what they did. Reality is they are still undersized tweeners and their was a reason neither were highly recruited. The success of this no name top 7 rotation will allow Barnes to go out and up the talent level for the future. Our fan base will not accept a huge drop off over the next 2 years as this staff finds other projects and develops them. Barnes has to sign 4 and 5 star players and develop them to plug in to what is coming back next year.....
Wow idk where to start with the jumbled mess.

1. Hubbs never played under Pearl.
2. What rock were you living under that McRae never developed? He went from 2ppg - 9ppg - 16 ppg - 19ppg.
3. Jarnell Stokes? Averaged 15/11 his senior year.
4. Barnes is getting 5 stars Josiah James and Corey Walker.
5. Not sure if you were being serious about Barnes being washed up or not, but if you are then d***.
6. Tobias was a true one and done, not much time to develop someone who is here for 9 months?

Forum record for bad takes and wrong info in a single post. Congrats.

Hopson 5*, Hubbs 5*, Crews #25 nationally high 4*, R Smith high #32 nationally 4*, Tyler Smith #40 nationally high 4 *, McCrae #40 nationally 4*, Stokes #41 nationally 4*. Did any of these live up to their star value? Does anybody think our staffs developed these kids to play to their ability? Harris our top ever recruit and 1 and doner had his dad and his army to develop Tobias. Between this history and the revolving door on our coaching staff why would any top ranked recruit want to come to UT before Barnes established credibility for the program.

My poorly constructed post was dripping with sarcasm and disgust at the attitude of many towards our current staff and roster.

One of my biggest worries about getting knocked out early in the NCAA is Schofields free throw shooting. He's really struggling with it lately.

A CBS Sports mock NBA Draft had Admiral Schofield going to the Golden State Warriors with the 29th pick of the 1st round

One of my biggest worries about getting knocked out early in the NCAA is Schofields free throw shooting. He's really struggling with it lately.
Been saying that to myself for weeks. It has been very poor. Without looking, I'd guess he's around 50-60% over his past 8 games, or so.

Hopson 5*, Hubbs 5*, Crews #25 nationally high 4*, R Smith high #32 nationally 4*, Tyler Smith #40 nationally high 4 *, McCrae #40 nationally 4*, Stokes #41 nationally 4*. Did any of these live up to their star value? Does anybody think our staffs developed these kids to play to their ability? Harris our top ever recruit and 1 and doner had his dad and his army to develop Tobias. Between this history and the revolving door on our coaching staff why would any top ranked recruit want to come to UT before Barnes established credibility for the program.
Tyler Smith, Jordan McRae, and Jarnell Stokes certainly lived up to their "star value". Jordan McRae was certainly developed. He was awful as a freshman, both as a player and a teammate. By his JR and SR year, he was an All-SEC player. Ramar and Duke were dismissed from the team before ever living up to or failing to live to any hype. Both were very much more athlete than basketball players. Still, Crews showed promise that he could have developed had he stayed clean. Hopson and Hubbs were both overrated coming out of high school. Hopson was a good player for us, and his career is vastly underrated by posters like yourself who likely expected him to be the second coming of Scottie Pippen.

Reactions: Stoked

VN Store

Back