2015/2016 Deer Season has begun

I'll be there to with my Dad.
Heading up Wednesday to scout some. We are on Genesis side.
As for good places I couldn't tell you. Tuff hunting there for us. Killed two 8's in 14 years. See deer but not many legal bucks. Antler Restrictions are in place there.
Stop in at Region 3 office on Genesis exit and grab a map of the WMA. They have planted 88 fields this year. Heard some deer were killed in the fields in the evenings on the archery hunt couple weeks back. I avoid the fields because of so many hunters normally set up around them. I don't care much for crowds. Try and get deep away from others. The ice storm has made it very hard to get around. Due to downed timber. It's really thick and relatively flat in lots of areas unless you get around the river. Be sure to take a GPS or compass. Every direction looks the same. Easy to get turned around.
Good luck to you up there.
Any luck today?

https://youtu.be/JXjFsoRJw2s
here is a video we made. This was Saturday am. Gut shot on the deer, didn't find any blood or deer. 7" of arrow was broken off inside the buck.

Gun season started today. I heard a lot of shots but I didn't see any bucks/shoot. I got 2 weeks to seal the deal.

Go get'em

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1447555557144.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447555557144.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
I went out today. I saw a huge group of doe, about 15. no bucks. I saw them later than usual due to a house fire last night. Neighbors house down the road is gone. had at least 6 fire trucks there. it probably pushed the deer away. I spotted a beast across the road from my dads field!! He might even have a drop tine.

I'll be there to with my Dad.
Heading up Wednesday to scout some. We are on Genesis side.
As for good places I couldn't tell you. Tuff hunting there for us. Killed two 8's in 14 years. See deer but not many legal bucks. Antler Restrictions are in place there.
Stop in at Region 3 office on Genesis exit and grab a map of the WMA. They have planted 88 fields this year. Heard some deer were killed in the fields in the evenings on the archery hunt couple weeks back. I avoid the fields because of so many hunters normally set up around them. I don't care much for crowds. Try and get deep away from others. The ice storm has made it very hard to get around. Due to downed timber. It's really thick and relatively flat in lots of areas unless you get around the river. Be sure to take a GPS or compass. Every direction looks the same. Easy to get turned around.
Good luck to you up there.[/QUOTE.

I live about 10 minutes from the Catoosa check in station on Genesis. Someone took a 500 lb bear in that area about a month ago.The property I hunt borders Catoosa but all I've seen so far is 1 doe. Hoping my luck changes this week!

VN Store

Back