2014 Softball Recruits?

Are any of the new recruits capable of hitting 30 hrs in a season -- would be nice to get a power hitter like that for a change. The above post is a bit scary if its true.

We've never had a player hit 20 HRs in a season, much less 30. There isn't a Lauren Chamberlain in every class.

We've never had a player hit 20 HRs in a season, much less 30. There isn't a Lauren Chamberlain in every class.

Just me dreamin - even 20 would be good - dont be surprised if Melissa Davin hits 20 her Sr season once she is completely healthy (her dad said she needs shoulder surgery and then will be 100%)

Just me dreamin - even 20 would be good - dont be surprised if Melissa Davin hits 20 her Sr season once she is completely healthy (her dad said she needs shoulder surgery and then will be 100%)

If anyone breaks Gibson's school-record 19 HRs next year, it'll be Shipman. Davin will probably have 5-10 or so, but her game is more about hitting for average (which she does well as she's about a .300 hitter).

The recruit from Beech (kicked off the team) certainally has the potential, but Im unaware of her status. She is a very talented hitter and has a cannon.

If anyone breaks Gibson's school-record 19 HRs next year, it'll be Shipman. Davin will probably have 5-10 or so, but her game is more about hitting for average (which she does well as she's about a .300 hitter).

Melissa is/was a home run hitter ( you should see her at UT practice ... she hits more homers in practice than anyone on the team by far and will go down in history as the best UT batting practice hitter... LOL).... she set the home run mark with the Batbusters... But yes, Melissa's game is / was about hitting the ball for both power and average... she can lay down a bunt, beat out an infield hit, hit doubles, triples and homers... her power is Gap to Gap..

Her batting stance has been changed and tweaked since coming to UT (now with a more open stance). She use to have a rotational swing / stance like that seen from Chamberlain (same batting coaches) and the other Oklahoma power hitters.

Last edited:
Melissa is having shoulder surgery on July 3rd in Knoxville. She played all season with a torn labrum in her left shoulder..... Don't care who you are.... play with a torn labrum and see how it affects your performance, batting average and power numbers. Our Doctors wanted her to red shirt this season but it was decided by UT to play her...

Melissa is having shoulder surgery on July 3rd in Knoxville. She played all season with a torn labrum in her left shoulder..... Don't care who you are.... play with a torn labrum and see how it affects your performance, batting average and power numbers. Our Doctors wanted her to red shirt this season but it was decided by UT to play her...

Yep -- thats why next season will be a banner one for her - cant beat being 100% healthy :good!:

Oh, didn't know that. My sister played with that injury once...no doubt it's a tough one to deal with. Hope the surgery goes well and she makes a full, quick recovery.

The girl they have with just her first name as Scarlet is a shortstop from Henry Co. High School. Can knock the cover off the ball and play great defense. My boss is her assistant coach. His daughter is the schools softball coach. Scarlet is a ball player. She gets to sign her letter of intent soon.

good to hear donniekhc

Yeah I went to one of their games to see for myself. He wasn't exaggerating about her. Excellent ball player. My only concern is that she is very sheltered by her parents. They don't even let her have a guy in her life. I don't know how she will handle big time college life.

Nothing has been released by the school yet but first fall game will be Oct 6th @ Lee Stadium. Not sure if it's a DH or just one game.

We will be attending the UGA vs Vols on Oct 5th and the softball game on the 6th before flying home on the 7th.

Nothing has been released by the school yet but first fall game will be Oct 6th @ Lee Stadium. Not sure if it's a DH or just one game.

We will be attending the UGA vs Vols on Oct 5th and the softball game on the 6th before flying home on the 7th.

Good game to go see -- let us know how the LV Softball team does --- its usually overlooked because of football

VN Store

Back