2014 SEC Championship Game: #1 Alabama v. #16 Missouri (4:00 PM, CBS)

I think I'm just about done with college ball all together. It's a boring, predictable, dirty, paid for, professional sport for crooks. I have no idea why I keep watching.

I'm going to go jump off the gay street now.

I thinks that's a good idea. Everything but the kill yourself part. It's been pretty evident, in two threads today, that you don't understand the sport.

Reactions: 1 person
I always pull for the SEC as well. Someone in this thread said pulling for Bama makes no sense because them winning means better recruiting but at this point they can recruit well regardless.

You could also make the case the SEC winning championships means easier recruiting for the conference as a whole I guess.

I always have to pull for the SEC against other conferences regardless.

Actually, I NEVER pull for Florida, regardless. So I can understand how some feel the same about Bama, USCe, Vandy, or whomever. To each his own.

And I never have, and never will, pull for any team coached by Spurrier or Franklin. So I'm not a complete "SEC homer".

But always a Vol.

Go Vols.

I will now be pulling for every non-SEC school except for UT the rest of the way! Go Ducks, Horn Frogs, Seminoles, Buckeyes, Bears...

Actually, I NEVER pull for Florida, regardless. So I can understand how some feel the same about Bama, USCe, Vandy, or whomever. To each his own.

And I never have, and never will, pull for any team coached by Spurrier or Franklin. So I'm not a complete "SEC homer".

But always a Vol.

Go Vols.

I still remember being on the ESPN and CBS boards before Florida played Ohio State for the NC and arguing with EVERYONE who said (even back then before the media joined the SEC bandwagon) the SEC was over-rated and FL was going to get beaten badly. I tried to warn them but needless to say it was to no avail.

That time period, when I was making the case that the SEC was the best conference by, while hearing from all the other conferences fans say the SEC was just overrated ,even back then before the winning streak, really cemented my "SEC Homerism"

If you ever find yourself concerned about playing a Gary Pinkel coached team, just do so in a conference championship game and you'll be good.

I will make it clear right now...I will be rooting for Oregon in the football playoff and I hope to god if they get a hold of Alabama they blow their damn doors off!...I hate them so much.

Not trying to be a hater but DerrickhHenry is seriously one of the ugliest players I've ever seen. He looks like am ewock

I will make it clear right now...I will be rooting for Oregon in the football playoff and I hope to god if they get a hold of Alabama they blow their damn doors off!...I hate them so much.

Like I said, I understand completely. I feel the same way about UF.

Oregon is in, and they will be a tough out, regardless of who they play.

Go Vols.

Those women sideline reporters..the early Christmas gift thats keeps on giving. "National Champions....I mean". That was great. The fans reaction and her face was hilarious.

I'll be woo hooing for whoever is playing the elephants. I already know the result of the playoffs tho...really no need to play any more games...it will go to the fan base that pumps the most most into the system.

Just want to tell everyone that I was kidding about the Gay Street part...I said it out of frustration but i felt bad about saying it later. Don't anyone go jump off the Gay Street, that's stupid.

Those women sideline reporters..the early Christmas gift thats keeps on giving. "National Champions....I mean". That was great. The fans reaction and her face was hilarious.

In her pregame interview with Saban she got tongue-tied and actually said the phrase "Quarterblack Blake Sims". LOL

Still to this day don't know why Tennessee fans would ever root for any SEC team to win except for Tennessee. With every Bama win, it makes recruiting that much harder on us. And we all know better recruits = more depth = more wins.

I disagree. Bama already recruits lights out. So, if you can't play for the best, what's the next best thing? Put a chip on your shoulder and come play for a team that faces them every year. We could use those guys to become the best.

I disagree. Bama already recruits lights out. So, if you can't play for the best, what's the next best thing? Put a chip on your shoulder and come play for a team that faces them every year. We could use those guys to become the best.

Because that's worked so well.

In her pregame interview with Saban she got tongue-tied and actually said the phrase "Quarterblack Blake Sims". LOL

HAHA I missed that one. How bout that awesomely awkward moment at halftime when she tried to bring up that character Saban mentioned pre-game? What was it he said he wanted Sims to be like? Sounded like a character from a book.

Using doubleD's ranking system, I think we can all agree that Missouri played their way into the playoff tonite.

VN Store

Back