2014 schedule

I'm not sure if 2 teams from the same conference has ever met in a early season tourney before.
Well when Belmont was in the Atlantic Sun, they played Lipscomb in an OOC game, I believe it was a early tournament iirc. So it can happen

Well when Belmont was in the Atlantic Sun, they played Lipscomb in an OOC game, I believe it was a early tournament iirc. So it can happen

So, if CCM pulled off something like this and said that he wanted KY twice a year no matter what it takes and that we will play them is OOC, then his popularity would increase significantly.

I know it would never happen and just a pipe dream.

So, if CCM pulled off something like this and said that he wanted KY twice a year no matter what it takes and that we will play them is OOC, then his popularity would increase significantly.

I know it would never happen and just a pipe dream.
Sorry, I should've mentioned that they played in a 'preseason' tournament. I doubt they would let us play Kentucky during OOC, but who knows - a lot of rivals got "ended". Teams like Purdue-Indiana, and Duke-NC State.

Sorry, I should've mentioned that they played in a 'preseason' tournament. I doubt they would let us play Kentucky during OOC, but who knows - a lot of rivals got "ended". Teams like Purdue-Indiana, and Duke-NC State.

Yeah, I know it would never happen, but I think it would be cool if CCM could pull it off. I would at least like to see CCM lobby for it. It seems like we lost the KY/TN rivalry way too easy. Really, nobody gives a $hit about the Vandy series. It's always been KY.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it would never happen, but I think it would be cool if CCM could pull it off. I would at least like to see CCM lobby for it. It seems like we lost the KY/TN rivalry way too easy. Really, nobody gives a $hit about the Vandy series. It's always been KY.
Vanderbilt will always be an instate rival unfortunately. I do agree with you that they are the lesser rival, but still it's tradition :p. I see Memphis and Kentucky as bigger basketball rivals just because they can compete better than Vanderbilt; if Vanderbilt was actually good in basketball or football it'd be a bigger rivalry. JMO

We put it to em in the tourney en route to the Elite Eight in 2010. It's the last time we played them. We had the last laugh.

Your right. I keep forgetting about 2010 and intead remember 2007 and Aaron Craft. We were up 18 or 19 going into half in 07. And we let the old man get us. Probably the last whole game Greg Oden has played in...

Last edited:
Your right. I keep forgetting about 2010 and intead remember 2007 and Aaron Craft. We were up 18 or 19 going into half in 07. And we let the old man get us. Probably the last whole game Greg Oden has played in...

You should forget 07 & remember 10. It feels better...lol.

I would like a home and home with Louisville, Indiana, UNC, and Kansas,....UT and UL have two of the best basketball facilities in the country...Indiana, UNC, and Kansas have rich basketball tradition

...didn't we play and beat them the year after? And then again in the tournament in 2010? Sounds like we already got our "one" for that.

Your right. In 06-07 they got us twice.(regular season and tourny)In 07-08 we beat them at TBA. And in 2010 we got even record wise when we beat them in the tourny.

I am gettin old player. I keep forgetting about our 08 win. So in my head we owe them a loss and the taking of a player.(Craft) :loco:

We could just keep making lists of 4 sports references though.....

Stanford
Vijay Singh
Dennis Rodman
Minnesota Lakers

VN Store

Back