2014 F Kevon Looney

I did find a video from 3 days ago with 247 that he did...lists Wisconsin, Duke, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State and Tennessee as the main schools. Gonna narrow his list to 5 in July, and take OV in August.

That scout article may have some more info...someone go get wutang.

I did find a video from 3 days ago with 247 that he did...lists Wisconsin, Duke, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State and Tennessee as the main schools. Gonna narrow his list to 5 in July, and take OV in August.

That scout article may have some more info...someone go get wutang.

Do you believe we make it to the cut of 5 ?

From ESPN link:

Five-star 2014 PF Kevon Looney (Milwaukee, Wis./Milwaukee Hamilton) has narrowed down his list of possible destinations to eight schools: Tennessee, Duke, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland, Georgetown, and Wisconsin. Looney told Scout.com's Brian Snow he is only giving his phone number out to schools who have been consistently present in his recruitment process.

From the interview, one might gather Tennessee is in good position, as the Wisconsin native took an unofficial visit to Tennessee and returned singing high praises about the program, school, and coaching staff. Looney also had good things to say about the Michigan schools, whom he says have been prioritizing him. He called Michigan a "great school" and Michigan State "a good fit." Looney also hinted at a possible trip to Duke. It's hard to list a favorite but it seems those four schools and Looney share the most stated mutual interest.

I just BOOOOMED myself :)

Reactions: 2 people
Suprised Buzz Williams doesnt already have this kid locked up. Not hearing much interest from Looney. And if he is open to Wisc., would think Marq. would be at the top of his shortlist.

He is number 1 on my wish list!! He reminds me of my favorite player Durant so much! I have faith that Zo can get him too. I want Looney, Lyle, Cornish, Cofer...then idc who else lol. That's my dream class.

He is number 1 on my wish list!! He reminds me of my favorite player Durant so much! I have faith that Zo can get him too. I want Looney, Lyle, Cornish, Cofer...then idc who else lol. That's my dream class.

May not be all that unrealistic. We have Cornish locked up, and are in the top schools list for the other 3.

“I’m not sure about visits yet, but I did give my phone number to a couple of coaches,” noted Looney. “I have given my number to the schools that stay in contact the most like*Tennessee,*Duke,*Florida,*Michigan,*Michigan State,*Maryland,*Georgetown, and Wisconsin.”

“Tennessee has a great campus and is a great school,” Looney explained. “I like the coaching staff. Coach (Cuonzo) Martin and Coach (Tracy) Webster are great people.”

“We have been building that relationship,” said Looney of Duke. “My parents like (Coach Krzyzewski) a lot and we are still contemplating a trip to Duke.”

“Michigan is a great school,” said Looney. “They have players like me, and they went to the championship game last year and obviously that is a great thing. I just like their program.”

“I would say the coaches and talking to them, we just try to gauge them and see if we can trust them,” explained Looney. “Also we look at the academics mostly.”*

-scout

Reactions: 2 people
I'm gonna be honest, I thought we were pretty much outta this one. He had gone quiet, the big dogs came calling, and just didn't hear much. These recent interviews sound very positive for us, Tennessee definitely looks to be in his top 3/4 and sounds like will get an official visit from him.

We are always mentioned 1st with him...hmmm I wonder if that means anything??

Also did he take an Unofficial? Those paid for by the recruits family right? And official is paid for by the university?

We are always mentioned 1st with him...hmmm I wonder if that means anything??

Martin has been on him since day 1, and you can tell that's important to him. He only gave out his numbers to schools who've been recruiting him awhile, he's not wanting new people to just jump in now. He does have family ties to East Tennessee, and he is friends with Maymon. Still obviously a long shot, but at this point it looks like our chances may be as good as anyone's.

Martin has been on him since day 1, and you can tell that's important to him. He only gave out his numbers to schools who've been recruiting him awhile, he's not wanting new people to just jump in now. He does have family ties to East Tennessee, and he is friends with Maymon. Still obviously a long shot, but at this point it looks like our chances may be as good as anyone's.
I feel really good about both Looney and Lyle. Both seem like the type if players I like. They don't let the big dogs come late to the party like UK. Duke worries me with Looney and Louisville with Lyle.

VN Store

Back