2014 Class

VolColts03

So I did this last year and only got 3 correct (Reeves-Maybin, Sanders, and Carr).

Here's predictions for 2014 class. I think we pull some big names after our defense looks better coached and we have stability on staff.

Would this be a top-5 class?

Vic Wharton ATH TN
Marshon Lattimore ATH OH
Todd Kelly Jr DB TN
Deion Singleton DB FL
Edward Paris DB TX
Rashaan Gaulden DB TN
Isaiah McDaniel DB TN
Lorenzo Carter DE GA
Lorenzo Featherston DE NC
Kentavious Street DE NC
Kendall Baker DT GA
Derrick Nnadi DT VA
Xavier Forrest DT TN
Greg Miclisse LB GA
Petera Wilson LB TN
Dillon Bates LB FL
Kevin Mouhon LB GA
Vincent Jackson LB GA
Steven Moss OL VA
Corey Martinez OL FL
Kyle Trout OL OH
Andrew Shofner OL VA
Drew Barker QB KY
Jalen Hurd RB TN
Treyvon Paulk RB GA
Taiwan Deal RB MD
Domonique Booth WR IN
Neiko Creamer WR DE

I'm going with Carter and Hurd being signing day picks. I think we finish runner-up to players such as Demarre Kitt and Khairi Fort. Josh Malone ends up with Ohio State but we beat them out for Hurd and Lattimore.

Long way to go but this would be great. Predictions???

Reactions: 2 people
That class would be ranked Top 3 nationally on every service.

No Berry twins?

I would love to have them but I think they head a different direction. I don't think they'll make as big of an impact as their brother so they go make a name for themselves another place. I'd still love to have them though.

So I did this last year and only got 3 correct (Reeves-Maybin, Sanders, and Carr).

Here's predictions for 2014 class. I think we pull some big names after our defense looks better coached and we have stability on staff.

Would this be a top-5 class?

Vic Wharton ATH TN
Marshon Lattimore ATH OH
Todd Kelly Jr DB TN
Deion Singleton DB FL
Edward Paris DB TX
Rashaan Gaulden DB TN
Isaiah McDaniel DB TN
Lorenzo Carter DE GA
Lorenzo Featherston DE NC
Kentavious Street DE NC
Kendall Baker DT GA
Derrick Nnadi DT VA
Xavier Forrest DT TN
Greg Miclisse LB GA
Petera Wilson LB TN
Dillon Bates LB FL
Kevin Mouhon LB GA
Vincent Jackson LB GA
Steven Moss OL VA
Corey Martinez OL FL
Kyle Trout OL OH
Andrew Shofner OL VA
Drew Barker QB KY
Jalen Hurd RB TN
Treyvon Paulk RB GA
Taiwan Deal RB MD
Domonique Booth WR IN
Neiko Creamer WR DE

I'm going with Carter and Hurd being signing day picks. I think we finish runner-up to players such as Demarre Kitt and Khairi Fort. Josh Malone ends up with Ohio State but we beat them out for Hurd and Lattimore.

Long way to go but this would be great. Predictions???

You weren't totally wrong and you hit on three good players. Hope your % goes up in '14 ! :good!:

+1

The only trouble with it would be no Berry twins. Not landing them will make the Vonn Bell meltdown seem minor.

If there are better prospects on the board I dont think so. They are not going to be 5 star prospects unless they blow up camps and have a monster senior year.

If there are better prospects on the board I dont think so. They are not going to be 5 star prospects unless they blow up camps and have a monster senior year.

I'm certainly not one that would freak out if they went elsewhere and we landed better players. I'm guessing one is a 4star and the other is a 3star once the new 2014 rankings come out. But you know as well as I do this place will meltdown if the twins aren't Vols, no matter the reasons.

Reactions: 1 person
+1

The only trouble with it would be no Berry twins. Not landing them will make the Vonn Bell meltdown seem minor.

I think the Vonn Bell hype made it worse. If they don't have a great year, then they won't be as highly pursued as Bell was, and thus will be a namesake legacy only.

DOn't get me wrong, they're good, really good. I just feel like they will both have to perform very well to garner much interest, as I've heard it's a "packaged deal" for both or none with them. I don't foresee them splitting off to different schools, so it comes down to whether or not the staff wants to use two schollys on them or not.

I'm certainly not one that would freak out if they went elsewhere and we landed better players. I'm guessing one is a 4star and the other is a 3star once the new 2014 rankings come out. But you know as well as I do this place will meltdown if the twins aren't Vols, no matter the reasons.

Reading on to this post, I see more from your point now. This place (VN) does not take kindly to reason and logic. It's like the foot-stamping, temper-tantrums that ensue when the kid doesn't get what he wants, when he wants it, and everyone else is the enemy for that.

I absolutely think the Berry twins will be here. I think Coach Jones will make them a priority. I could be wrong though.

With the recent Rivals 100 out, here's where some of these guys rank. This would be a stellar defensive class:

Lorenzo Carter -#9
Kentavious Street - #14
Jalen Hurd - #15
Derek Nnadi - #37
Edward Paris - #38
Marshon Lattimore - #41
Dillon Bates - #58
Todd Kelly Jr. - #59
Steven Moss - #89

Got 7 correct and we still ended up with a top 5 class. Glad I was wrong on Malone and the twins.

VN Store

Back