2014 Class

Now do not start calling names .you brought up gruden and i have seen post and heard people in person say they were hoping for a bad season so they could get a new coach.i just do not think another coaching change would help UT at all .Besides to set them back a couple more years.I am all vol i just want them to win.There was alot of talk when Dooley got the job about the piss poor shape of the program and that it would take 4 or 5 years to be able to compete against the top of the SEC.And Dooley has just coached 2 years with third on its way .i think the VOLS will shock alo,t of non believers this year .but when you hire a guy and say 4 or 5 years to rebuild you just do not start yelling get rid of him after the first two seasons .i have to believe that the VOLS should have got w,s at lsu and vs unc in 2010 and if hunter and bray had not got injured that the vols would have beaten kentucky and either usc or georgia if not both of them and possibly a bowl.if after year four comes and goes and the vols are not winning 10 games then maby change coaches cause improving recruiting can not stand by itself

I realize DD has had some misfortune during his time here and I also want them to have a great year. As I posted though, if DD is fired we will need a big name coach hire, Gruden, in oder to get the intrest of these recruits. Firing DD and hiring another unproven coach will set the program back. But, as is the case when Saban came to bama and Meyer at osu, a high profile coach can come in and have an immediate and positive impact on a program. Ive suffered through the past 4 years with every other Vol fan and I am hoping DD turns it around.

Why dont you read the whole conversation A** wipe before you respond to a post. I dont drink doolaid but there is no hoping he fails. Ive cheered for the Vols for 25 years and never once did I hope they fail just to bring someone else in. However, just as D. Hart has his wish list for a coaching hire, if one needs to be made, I have my wishlist to. And yes Gruden would be at the top of the list.

How in holy hell does anyone outside the AD or even in the AD not named Mr. Hart know that he has a coaching "wish list?" I think Dooley is the right coach, considering the situation he came into and has finally put an 85 man roster together with some really good talent. I think this is the first season that he can fairly be judged since he's been here. I'm not saying I'm 100% right and the Dooley haters are 100% wrong, it is my personal opinion but, if he isn't our long term coach, it will not be john Gruden. If he leaves ESPN, which I don't believe he will, it will be for an NFL job.

How in holy hell does anyone outside the AD or even in the AD not named Mr. Hart know that he has a coaching "wish list?" I think Dooley is the right coach, considering the situation he came into and has finally put an 85 man roster together with some really good talent. I think this is the first season that he can fairly be judged since he's been here. I'm not saying I'm 100% right and the Dooley haters are 100% wrong, it is my personal opinion but, if he isn't our long term coach, it will not be john Gruden. If he leaves ESPN, which I don't believe he will, it will be for an NFL job.

WELL PUT VOL MASTER:good!:

So you honestly think ADs don't have a list of coaches to replace an outgoing coach. ADs realize coaches can be gone at the drop of a hat, kiffy should immediately come to mind here, and therefore maintaining this list is proactive and not reactive. We all have seen how detremental a long drawn out coaching search is to a program and therefore they need to fil the vacancy as quickly as possible and they help themselves in this process by keeping up with a "wish list." This is not an indictment of a coach its a safeguard for the program. This has been well discussed through the years everytime a coach has needed to be replaced, not just at UT and not in regards to football only. If you wait until you have to fill a void to do your homework on a coach you are already behind in the process and losing players.

VN Store

Back