2014-2015 Depth Chart

Calban will recall it better, but I them when his dad first came in at UTEP he was much the same. It was his later years, and then once he got to the NBA that he became much more of a banger.

Nah, I think a buddy of mine told me the same thing about his dad. Hopefully that apple fell right smack dab next to the tree.

Calban will recall it better, but I them when his dad first came in at UTEP he was much the same. It was his later years, and then once he got to the NBA that he became much more of a banger.
His freshman numbers made Yemi look like a super star.
Soph. on was a different story.
Dad didn't have the early guard skills like Jr has either.

My expectations are set on regular season, 23+ wins, ranked most of the year, finish top 4 in the SEC, and make the dance with a 7 seed or better...those are my expectations.

I won't set my expectations by tourney results because the dance, is well, madness. If we go 25-5 are ranked 12, finish 2nd in SEC and get a 4 seed to the dance but lose first or second round...that's not a failure of a season to me:

I like everything you said till the tourney results. I think you have to have one win in the tournament after two nit appearances. Plus all that we return and have coming in.

I like everything you said till the tourney results. I think you have to have one win in the tournament after two nit appearances. Plus all that we return and have coming in.

Yeah with our talent, its hard to imagine a decent lose in the first round.(edit: second round now I think)

Unless we were an 8 or 9 seed. Those games are always coin flips. In which case we probably underachieved during the season. Moot tho, cause we are going to be raw. IMO

Yeah with our talent, its hard to imagine a decent lose in the first round.(edit: second round now I think)

Unless we were an 8 or 9 seed. Those games are always coin flips. In which case we probably underachieved during the season. Moot tho, cause we are going to be raw. IMO

Definitely agree with that. If we are an 8 or 9 seed then we def underachieved. Can't wait till bball season comes around.

For some reason I keep seeing very good season, good SEC showing, then we get a 5 seed and the 5/12 matchup that is about 50/50 on winning that one. Alot of good coaches have been knocked out of the opening round, as a 5 or heck even duke as a 2.

If we have a great year, and earn a 7 seed or better but get a bad draw and lose opening round...Martin will be back IMO and deservedly so.

For some reason I keep seeing very good season, good SEC showing, then we get a 5 seed and the 5/12 matchup that is about 50/50 on winning that one. Alot of good coaches have been knocked out of the opening round, as a 5 or heck even duke as a 2.

If we have a great year, and earn a 7 seed or better but get a bad draw and lose opening round...Martin will be back IMO and deservedly so.

I think I would get sick to my stomach if we didn't at least get one win. That being said you are correct. The 5 seed isn't really that advantageous hear if late.

I think I would get sick to my stomach if we didn't at least get one win. That being said you are correct. The 5 seed isn't really that advantageous hear if late.

I wouldn't.

We go 25-5, finish top 4 in the SEC, are ranked top 20, get a 5 seed....BUT, lose in the 5/12 matchup, that's trending in the right direction. Hopefully getting to the dance leads to a top 15-20 class that will gel nicely with returning players and put us in the tourney back to back years.

JMO

I wouldn't.

We go 25-5, finish top 4 in the SEC, are ranked top 20, get a 5 seed....BUT, lose in the 5/12 matchup, that's trending in the right direction. Hopefully getting to the dance leads to a top 15-20 class that will gel nicely with returning players and put us in the tourney back to back years.

JMO

I'm torn on this one. Obviously you want to make the tournament, but I don't just want us hanging our hats on, well we made it so it's ok no matter what happens. On the other hand, I agree with you, with the let's hope for.improvement and moving in the right direction. With this being one of our most loaded teams ever, I think it would be a disappoint to get put out in the opening round. Now if we play hard and just barely get beat, Martin should stay. However, if they get killed in the tournament like Pearl's last year, and beat by 30, then I would say it's possibly time to let Martin go and move on.

bump

with Turman committing, there is one spot left since Stokes should be going pro, there is currently one spot left. Hopefully it's either Looney or Black. If not, then it most likely would be London or Kuzma.

So we will assume that no one will be leaving other than Jarnell.

PG- Austin/Thompson
SG- Hubbs/Moore
SF- Richardson/Cornish or Chevious
PF- Black or Looney/Davis/Cofer/Reese or Davis/Cofer/London or Kuzma/Reese
C- Turman/Ndiaye

bump

with Turman committing, there is one spot left since Stokes should be going pro, there is currently one spot left. Hopefully it's either Looney or Black. If not, then it most likely would be London or Kuzma.

So we will assume that no one will be leaving other than Jarnell.

PG- Austin/Thompson
SG- Hubbs/Moore
SF- Richardson/Cornish or Chevious
PF- Black or Looney/Davis/Cofer/Reese or Davis/Cofer/London or Kuzma/Reese
C- Turman/Ndiaye

A lot of talent for the future that's for sure.

I have been saying for months the 14-15 team won't be near as bad as many thought. Seemed the consensus was a borderline NIT team that would be bottom 4 in the SEC, not so fast my friend. Martin needed his best class yet, and he has done that and then some, and he's not done yet. He definitely ha things going in the right direction.

I have been saying for months the 14-15 team won't be near as bad as many thought. Seemed the consensus was a borderline NIT team that would be bottom 4 in the SEC, not so fast my friend. Martin needed his best class yet, and he has done that and then some, and he's not done yet. He definitely ha things going in the right direction.
Georgetown last year was way better than expected. From what I recall, they only had 1 or 2 upperclassmen starting when we played them. I remember the ESPN commentators talking about how young Georgetown was, and they didn't have that bad of a season. I agree with you though, we won't be as bad as everyone expects. (Especially with a looney or black commitment)

Georgetown last year was way better than expected. From what I recall, they only had 1 or 2 upperclassmen starting when we played them. I remember the ESPN commentators talking about how young Georgetown was, and they didn't have that bad of a season. I agree with you though, we won't be as bad as everyone expects. (Especially with a looney or black commitment)

Basketball is the one sport that ONE guy can make a huge difference. That guy last year was Porter, nobody thought he would have a year like he did. He did and as you eluded to, that propelled Georgetown to a better than expected season.

Basketball is the one sport that ONE guy can make a huge difference. That guy last year was Porter, nobody thought he would have a year like he did. He did and as you eluded to, that propelled Georgetown to a better than expected season.
Uhh, yes exactly my point, no one thought Porter was going to have the season he did. We could be lucky enough to have that ONE guy make plays in the 14-15 season.

Something tells me Stokes is going to step it up this year. He knows there is cash on the table but in order for him to get it he has to show something to earn it.

VN Store

Back