2013 Heisman

1. Jameis Winston- His guaranteed victory makes this ceremony uninteresting, but I'll give credit where it's due. He's done a pretty good job there.

2. Tre Mason- Insanely talented with monster stats.

3. Johnny Manziel- He's my favorite player to watch since Vince Young. He makes it look so easy. It's not exactly his fault that the injury bug got him late and his defense couldn't tackle a team of fourth grade girls.

I tried to respond to my own thread and it's harder than I thought.

I have AJ at the top though. 2nd and 3rd are tough.

Winston was informed that JFF did not vote for himself 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. His response was "I didnt even vote".

Wow.

BbGrDtICEAAIVms.jpg

If we are going to give A.J. McCarron the Heisman, I give up. What a total joke that would be. He might the most overrated QB in the last twenty years. He's basically Casey Clausen. He's a good QB, but there are 20 QB's right now that would have led Bama to a 11-1 record or better.

Reactions: 2 people
If McCarron and Winston switched teams, does anyone believe FSU would've went undefeated? I don't.

If we are going to give A.J. McCarron the Heisman, I give up. What a total joke that would be. He might the most overrated QB in the last twenty years. He's basically Casey Clausen. He's a good QB, but there are 20 QB's right now that would have led Bama to a 11-1 record or better.

This is an award that has been won by the likes of Jason White, Gino Toretta, Eric Crouch, etc. AJ McCarron wouldn't exactly be a new phenomenon.

Reactions: 1 person
I got Manziel as the most outstanding once again. Crazy that Bryce Petty wasn't a finalist. He put up video game stats and didn't play in 4th quarters.

If McCarron and Winston switched teams, does anyone believe FSU would've went undefeated? I don't.

They have an awesome D and a great running game. Who do you think they would have lost to? I'll take Winston, but his job was probably just as cushy as McCarron's when you consider schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
They have an awesome D and a great running game. Who do you think they would have lost to? I'll take Winston, but his job was probably just as cushy as McCarron's when you consider schedule.

I watched the entire Iron bowl and Bama/LSU game and I can tell you McCarron missed a ton of throws that a "Heisman" QB should make. It seems like 75% of his yards come off check downs and dump offs. Not criticizing him for doing that because he's got the playmakers to make him look good but I've never watched McCarron and been wowed by him like I have been by Winston or Manziel.

Hell, Mettenberger impressed me much more in that game with the throws he was making than anything McCarron has ever done. Like someone else said, he's Casey Clausen on a stacked Bama team.

VN Store

Back