2012 Schedule

Coach Grizz

Chocolate Thunder
I know we open up with NC State in ATL but does anyone know the rest of the schedule? Alabama opened their season at the Chick fila classic and won the NC. Maybe that's a good Omen.... (just thinking). But getting my mind back on my business as CJM use to say, what's the 2012 schedule look like?

Reactions: 1 person
I know that changes will be made because of the expansion. They have to make room for Missouri in the east, so we will lose at least one OOC team.

I know that changes will be made because of the expansion. They have to make room for Missouri in the east, so we will lose at least one OOC team.

i think we will actually lose either Arkansas at home or at @miss st. still an 8 game conference schedule.

i think we will actually lose either Arkansas at home or at @miss st. still an 8 game conference schedule.

I'm leaning more to a 9 game conference schedule and dropping Georgia State or Troy, with GS being the most likely

GS would be the least costly buyout

But again, it wouldnt surprise me if we stuck with an 8 game schedule and drop a West team

Unless everyone gets hurts then you can make a case that every game next year is winnable. Alabama becomes much less so if enough of their JRs stick around tho.

I'm leaning more to a 9 game conference schedule and dropping Georgia State or Troy, with GS being the most likely

But again, it wouldnt surprise me if we stuck with an 8 game schedule and drop a West team

I think we'll go to 9 games eventually but from everything I've read, the sentiment among most schools and coaches seems to be that 8 games is preferred as of right now.

It'd be hard to get out of the OOC games this late. our schedule would be filled but the other team would have a hard time filling a game for less than a year away.

SEC will alter the East vs. West matchups for next year.

Hopefully we replace Arkansas with Mizzou and keep Miss. St.
We host FL and UK and travel to GA, SC, Vandy, so putting Mizzou in the Ark game makes sense so we would have 3 home and 3 away games with our division opponents.

I'm not so sure that UT would be responsible for the buyout. The SEC as a group accepted the new teams, and as a group, should be responsible for all the buyouts. Perhaps they have worked out a package deal with all the OOC opponents that will be affected. Just wondering.

i remember a couple times before they started talking about expanding the SEC that Tennessee might lose its game against rival Alabama ... any truth to that?

tn has the money and would probably pay not to play nc state. Just like we did with nc this yr.

President Pastides of SC said we would probably move to nine conference games, but Spurrier said that would not be the case, iirc. TIFWIW, GBO

VN Store

Back