2010 do it again?

I dunno, hope I am wrong, but ...... the vibe that I get from everything that has gone down over the last few years is that CBJ has been pretty much guaranteed 4 years, and once he gets to a bowl the UT admin will consider him a keeper long term.

An awful lot of fans, maybe the majority, would be perfectly happy with CBJ simply being "better than Dooley" and that ain't much.

As long as coach Jones is recruiting and uniting the fanbase as he is, it buys him added time. With the way recruiting has gone, 3-4 years in it's likeness will allow coach Jones and staff at least 6 wins. The factor that exacerbates Tennessee's football decline is the fact that the SEC is the strongest its ever been. Scheduling OOC games with teams like Oregon and Oklahoma are the main reasons we havent made it to a bowl game. We've done it to ourselves.

If you follow DAJ's posts/talent theory then we've essentially lost 0 we should have won based on talent. Further if you follow that logic it means we should go undefeated in November..... we shall see.

i am a fan of DAJ's research but imo in a close game it goes out the window. meaning, no team plays to its ability every game. lesser teams play over their heads, and better teams underperform. great coaches find a way to win those close ones, regardless of whether they are the team trending up or the team trending down.

If you follow DAJ's posts/talent theory then we've essentially lost 0 we should have won based on talent. Further if you follow that logic it means we should go undefeated in November..... we shall see.

Hmmm, it's funny how I never got DAJ to respond to me about the Vanderbilt game last year. Surely that was a game we should have won based on talent, right? Or is DAJ using some utterly biased and nonsensical measure of talent to skew his results?

Hmmm, it's funny how I never got DAJ to respond to me about the Vanderbilt game last year. Surely that was a game we should have won based on talent, right? Or is DAJ using some utterly biased and nonsensical measure of talent to skew his results?

outlier he'll say. :p

He answered it in other posts/threads. It wasn't an answer many of us would like: James Franklin had a positive effect on his teams outcomes.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back