2000th Post Thread-QB Playing time

I realize Dobbs had a terrible day vs Bama. Some his fault. Some not. After FL, UGA, and TAM, I just don't understand why some still want to rotate in another QB.

I realize Dobbs had a terrible day vs Bama. Some his fault. Some not. After FL, UGA, and TAM, I just don't understand why some still want to rotate in another QB.

It's live game snaps if (Heaven forbid) Dobbs was to get hurt. At least the backup isn't coming in green as grass like Dobbs did against Bama so many years ago.

I've said all year that qd should get at least one series pr half. It would give him valuable experience, give the defense a different look, upcoming coaches something else to game plan for, and give birds a little rest. But Butch doesn't do sensible things. He probably has a chart somewhere he can reference

I agree. We do not have the East rapped up yet.

Soon
83432v2586rlbi3sgbtnu4ssm.420x236x21.gif

Last edited:
I've said all year that qd should get at least one series pr half. It would give him valuable experience, give the defense a different look, upcoming coaches something else to game plan for, and give birds a little rest. But Butch doesn't do sensible things. He probably has a chart somewhere he can reference

I know you would probably not give Butch/Debord a hard time but if QD came in 1st half and threw a pick 6 and we lose . There are some on here that would put a moving Van in front of his/their house ala Bill Battle , think about it:crazy:

No offense but I don't think that is very sensible. Just my opinion though. I feel like if we had a faster paced offense and where putting up a ton of points at will MAYBE. BUT it's too big of a risk of losing momentum. And in most of our games every single possession mattered.

this is not Madden.... or the NFL. College teams especially in our position depend on blowouts for polls. This determines bowl placement. Lets say we win out and Florida does also. Those extra 30 or so points we could have scored in those 5 games by playing starters could be the difference between a bigger bowl or a few spots in rankings.

We have to lay the full on smack down on everyone the rest of the way to make our case. In the NFL your record is all that matters in College there are a lot more factors.

Very good point that is often over looked!

It's live game snaps if (Heaven forbid) Dobbs was to get hurt. At least the backup isn't coming in green as grass like Dobbs did against Bama so many years ago.

Name one coach that takes their proven, SR QB out of the game just so the back up can come in and get a few reps when the game is on the line.

Reactions: 1 person
Name one coach that takes their proven, SR QB out of the game just so the back up can come in and get a few reps when the game is on the line.

Name one game this year other than Bama where the game wasn't on the line all the way into the 4th quarter. I'm not talking about doing it just because, but when a game is out of reach for either team.

If the TTU game is out of hand in the second half, then yes, they should toss in Dormady and possibly even Jones.

VN Store

Back