#2 Ohio state at Purdue

Haskins has broken the OSU school record for passing yards.

Fun fact: This is the second time this year at Ross-Ade Stadium a losing QB has broken their school's passing yard total.

An unranked 3-3 team (now 4-3) just put 49 points on tOSU and beat them by 4 TD’s. I predict Ohio St still wins the big ten and may still be in the playoff.

An unranked 3-3 team (now 4-3) just put 49 points on tOSU and beat them by 4 TD’s. I predict Ohio St still wins the big ten and may still be in the playoff.
I’m not so sure about that. UM looking good this year. They beat OSU the Bucks will NOT make the CFP regardless of the conference championship....

Seems like OSU has a meltdown like this every year. Like the Iowa game last year for example.

I love it.
Seems like everyone but Bama has one every year (see Clemson vs ‘Cuse last year). OU vs Texas this year, etc

I am too.

But I mean, we’re paying JP $3.8 mil...the same as Brohm is making at Purdue.

All I’m saying is I’d rather have paid a little more for a guy who actually has experience as a HC than an unproven guy.

I think we’ll luck out with this one though
But Brohm wasn’t really a “proven” head coach. He went 30-10 at Western KY and 7-6 at Purdue. Butch had a resume like that going 27-13 at Central Michigan and 23-14 at Cincinnati. The fact is there are literally a handful of truly known commodities in college football and they weren’t coming to UT. The coordinator route is just as successful as any other. It’s just about finding the right guy and giving that person time. The fact is there are good signs with Pruitt but we still don’t know anything for sure. I’ll take the good signs though because we had troubling signs early with Dooley and Jones.

Last edited:
Who were the posters that prematurely called Brohm a bust?
He may still be. They started 0-3 including a loss to Missouri at home. One win against an inconsistent Ohio St team doesn’t mean he is the next Saban. It’s one good win that at least helps ease the poor start to this year.

VN Store

Back