1st game: need to be more impressed with...?

I say O line. If they dont dominate the Bowling Green d line we will know then that we are in trouble

This...I've been telling my friends this for months. BG is a team we should come out and push around. If we have any trouble at all running against these guys I'm going to be concerned.

I really don't know if the BGU game will show us much. Tennessee (or any contender in SEC) should field such a superior athletic team (bigger, stronger, faster) that any beat down would not be a predictor of performance against OU and SEC.

WR separation and deep passes. If our WRs are getting jammed by Bowling Green then it's going to be a long season. If Dobbs hits 3 or 4 home run balls then the OU safeties won't cheat up as much which will open up the running game

Offense and like others have said the OL. One thing in particular I'm curious about is the deep passing game. Will the line provide enough protection for the deeper routes and just as important can Dobbs be accurate consistently?

I would like to see Dormady get some quality snaps and not just garbage time hand offs. Maybe Jones also. They need to get ready to play in case of Dobbs getting hurt. The biggest roadblock to a great season is Dobbs' health and inadequate backups.

I really don't know if the BGU game will show us much. Tennessee (or any contender in SEC) should field such a superior athletic team (bigger, stronger, faster) that any beat down would not be a predictor of performance against OU and SEC.

Yeah, it's all offense for me. I don't think that BGSU is going to be any kind of litmus test for our O-line. There's no way that their defense will match up adequately, so unfortunately we're not going to get a real look at the o-line until the Oklahoma game.

That being said...the offensive production is something we really need to be watching at BGSU, not just Dobbs' accuracy and the first team doing what they're supposed to do, but getting as many meaningful snaps as deep into the second team as possible--and to have them produce successfully. As in at least a full half of second team players, scoring against a good but unquestionably inferior mid major opponent, without (please football gods) any injuries.

I'll be happy and optimistic for the season if we see good pass protection, strong push in the run game, a few deep passes, some nice plays in their backfield, and a promising middle linebacker.

Ah hell, I just want to beat them by 50!

I look at it this way:

Last year, some were predicting that we would lose in game 1 to a dangerous Utah State team. Instead of struggling, we laid a 38 - 7 beat down on them. This only proves that we cannot assume what kind of effort we will show against Bowling Green State.

O Line didn't look good in that game in spite of the score line. Hopefully they look better against BG than they did against Utah St

The biggest nightmare last year was not Utah State it was 6 FREAKING sacks from UTC. Was NUTS and should not have happened especially mid season.

VN Store

Back