'19 TN ATH Jashon Watkins

“they just want me up on campus, and they just want me to join the family as soon as possible,” watkins said during last week’s nike elite 11 regional at nashville’s montgomery bell academy. “after the visit, they still kept calling and texting me, telling me to come back up for another visit. That meant a lot to me.”

watkins, who also recently visited kentucky, said he hasn’t forgotten the warm welcome he received during his trip to tennessee on march 3 for its latest junior day. “ut, as soon as i came in — i showed up about 8 or 9 o’clock — the whole staff came and welcomed me into the facility, so that really meant a lot to me,” he said. “i knew they were showing me love, but i didn’t know it was like that, so it really meant a lot.”

“it’s corner, safety and possibly, if i do good on those, get the playbook down, i could play the offense, too,” watkins said. He said he “definitely” believes tennessee is heading in the right direction under first-year coach jeremy pruitt. “coming from alabama, i think he’s going to turn the program around,” watkins said, referring to pruitt’s previous stint as the crimson tide’s defensive coordinator.

Watkins said he also enjoyed his trip to kentucky earlier this year. “it was great. That was my first time (there). I got to talk with the db coach there, too, and it was building a relationship, a close bond with them,” watkins said, referring to kentucky defensive backs coach steven clinkscale.

While watkins said he doesn’t have any additional visits planned, he said he needs “to get up to” oklahoma to take his first look at the sooners. He said he plans to wait until “after the season” to make his college choice. “i’m going to wait until probably next school year, probably before the season, to narrow my list down,” watkins said.

Reactions: 3 people
But how's his Brazilian jiu-jitsu

I don't know. I was making a finance joke about how the kid can't even afford a top 10 because of inflation. Not my best I'll admit.

VN Store

Back