'19 SC DB Cameron Smith

The 3-star CB from Westwood High (S.C.) spent two days in Knoxville over the weekend. He worked out for Terry Fair on Saturday morning. Smith picked up his UT offer last month. He measured in at 6-foot-.5, 170-pounds, ran "between a 4.4-4.5."

Has a current Top 3 of UNC, South Carolina and Tennessee. Plans to camp at Clemson, UGA this week and attend North Carolina's big recruiting event on Saturday.

Sounds like South Carolina (the hometown team) is going to be hard to beat but the Vols certainly caught Smith's attention this weekend. He plans to commit in mid-August but take OVs in the fall — with Tennessee set to get one of the five.

Story to come.

- Simonton

I am guessing it would be some kinda violation to have the Jets coach talk to the player? Even just small talk. seems like that could have been a great moment.

I am guessing it would be some kinda violation to have the Jets coach talk to the player? Even just small talk. seems like that could have been a great moment.

I think the real question is, why is the Jets head coach having a one on one talk with Pruitt?

Top 3 of UT, UNC and USCe

“It was a great visit,” Smith said. “At first, I wasn’t expecting it to be so nice but I was blown away once I got there. The family atmosphere, the facilities, how close knit they are, how the fan base is set up, everything.” Smith measured in at 6-foot-0.5, 170-pounds and ran the 40-yard dash between “4.4-4.5.” He did various 1-on-1 drills with cornerbacks coach Terry Fair, who told Smith, “I did great. They like my length, how I can cover ground well. They like how physical I am and my ball-skills.”

“They really showed me how important I am to them,” he said. Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt had the New York Jets head coach (Todd Bowles) in the office waiting on him, but coach Pruitt was just talking to me and spending time with me.”

The cornerback is set to camp at Clemson and Georgia later this week and then attend North Carolina’s recruiting event on Saturday. He’s is tentatively set to announce a commitment sometime in mid-August and then take his official visits in the fall. The Vols are definitely in contention, but Smith admits it might be hard to ultimately turn down the hometown Gamecocks.

He grew up a South Carolina fan and recently got an offer from Will Muschamp and Travaris Robinson after a sterling camp showing. “They’re on me hard,” Smith said of South Carolina. “They text me and my mom everyday. About the school, the culture, the winning program and how they’re investing into their program.”

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Smith at Rivals 5 star Challenge...

VOLS MAKE TOP 3

The 4-star cornerback picked up a Tennessee offer in May and visited for the first time in mid-June. Smith talks with Terry Fair and Chris Rumph regularly and said the Vols are in his Top 3 along with South Carolina, his hometown team, and Georgia.

Despite playing in SC's backyard, Smith said his recruitment is "wide open" and he loves the atmosphere at Tennessee. He won't make a decision before taking official visits to all three schools.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
That Tarheel mascot is an Alabubba boys dream. It comes with built in handle bars.

Reactions: 3 people
UGA takes UNC’s place in the top three. Is Georgia doing something better or just he figured out North Carolina is crappy?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back