'19 MD S Bryson Shaw -- Wisconsin Commit

Let me try to mediate to avoid Vol on Vol warfare.
Getting a 4 Star would be big news at a position of need.
But, we make a lot of offers to a lot of players.
So, yes it would be big news but only if he de-commits from Wisconsin and commits (then later on signs with us).
So, you are both correct, kinda sorta.

Now, go play nice in the sandbox, y’all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Let me try to mediate to avoid Vol on Vol warfare.
Getting a 4 Star would be big news at a position of need.
But, we make a lot of offers to a lot of players.
So, yes it would be big news but only if he de-commits from Wisconsin and commits (then later on signs with us).
So, you are both correct, kinda sorta.

Now, go play nice in the sandbox, y’all.

Both sites have him as a 3 Star. Apparently the people who wrote the article can’t count?

Stealing a four-star commit to another school would be post-worthy.
Offering a commit to another school, not so much.

Both sites have him as a 3 Star. Apparently the people who wrote the article can’t count?

You might be confusing the 247 Composite with the 247 player rankings.

The Composite has Bryson Shaw as a three-star, but 247 has Shaw as a four-star and No. 230 ranked player in the country. ESPN has him teetering on the line between a three- and four-star and Rivals, to my knowledge, has not updated their rankings since he committed to Wisconsin.

Will be interesting to watch Shaw grow as a football player now that he's chosen that path over lacrosse.

Lacrosse star Bryson Shaw bringing speed, drive as Wisconsin football commit

Last edited:
UT offered a scholarship to 247Sports #16 safety prospect in the 2019 class:

Four-Star Wisconsin Commit Gets Offer from Tennessee | RTI

Shaw not only plays football in high school, but he’s also a lacrosse player for The Bullis School. He had been receiving a lot of interest from Maryland’s lacrosse team, and the Terrapins’ squad had been ranked No. 1 in lacrosse this year for most of the season.

To clarify this quote from the article, Bryson Shaw had actually been committed to play lacrosse at Maryland since his freshman year of HS.

You might be confusing the 247 Composite with the 247 player rankings.

The Composite has Bryson Shaw as a three-star, but 247 has Shaw as a four-star and No. 230 ranked player in the country. ESPN has him teetering on the line between a three- and four-star and Rivals, to my knowledge, has not updated their rankings since he committed to Wisconsin.

Will be interesting to watch Shaw grow as a football player now that he's chosen that path over lacrosse.

Lacrosse star Bryson Shaw bringing speed, drive as Wisconsin football commit

mrw-i-post-something-that-i-think-is-cool-and-reddit-worthy-but-i-get-ripped-to-shreds-for-reposting-109667.gif

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back