'19 GA LB Kalen Deloach

From SECCountry

Kalen Deloach rates as a 4-star prospect and is hearing from someone on the Tennessee staff daily. He speaks with defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer the most, he said.

“They are recruiting me hard,” Deloach told SEC Country. “I like building relationships. I think they’ll do a good job coaching up players. Coach Pruitt said this year won’t be their best year, but the year after that, it should be good.”

Tennessee was able to get Deloach to campus in the middle of March. Deloach (Islands/Savannah, Ga.), like many of the other top prospects who visit Rocky Top, said he was impressed. The layout of the campus was an interesting tidbit that stood out to him.

“It was a great experience,” Deloach said. “I like how everything is time management. Everything is close together and you know you can’t be late to class and stuff.”

Deloach doesn’t have many plans for his recruitment right now. He wants to relax and not take any visits for a little while. He is cautious when pressed about the impression he has of some schools.

“Not really,” Deloach said when asked if anyone is standing out. “They all are about the same. I’m just enjoying the process.”

Deloach said he wants to take his five official visits in the fall and make a decision after his senior season.

Don’t expect home-state Georgia to pursue Deloach very vigorously. The Bulldogs have their sights elsewhere, which has created an opening for other schools. South Carolina and Auburn have filled the void in the pursuit of Deloach.

This recruitment still has a long way to go, but the Volunteers have made an early impression.

-Blake Morgan

Impressive 4-star LB Kalen Deloach on Tennessee: 'They are recruiting me hard'

Reactions: 1 person
"DeLoach’s highlight film displays his versatility and athleticism. DeLoach plays both inside and outside linebacker for Islands, and he’s even a capable running back and pass catcher on offense. He’s an extremely fast linebacker who is disruptive and a sure tackler. His time on offense helps his awareness on defense, and it shows. DeLoach is very agile and instinctive, and the ball carrier rarely escapes his grasp. His versatility is likely one of the biggest draws for Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee’s coaching staff."

-N. Rutherford

Vols Among Favorites to Land 2019 Four-Star Linebacker | RTI

VN Store

Back