'19 FL WR Cameron Coleman

1598618.jpg

Cameron Coleman

5* player, 5'10.5" 165lbs., WR, high school sophomore, *.9924 composite score,
IMG Academy High School(transferred in from St. John Vianney High School), Bradenton, FL,
40 yd dash- 4.60
Bench Press- 215
Squat- 245
100m- 11.40

Class of 2019

Tennessee Offer: IMG four-stars get offers from Vols during visit

#5th ranked WR & #20th ranked recruit overall in the 2019 class.

Bio

Coleman caught 51 passes for a team-high 781 yards and eight touchdowns during his freshman season at Vianney in 2015. He also added 89 yards rushing and one touchdown on 13 carries.

247 Sports

Hudl

Rivals

Scout

UT offered on 3-3-17. Other offers to date include Illinois, Iowa State, Mizzou, Nebraska, Syracuse, & Wisconsin.

Last edited:
1st post updated. Kid has been bumped to 5* ranking with a composite score of *.9924 by 247 Sports.

one of his most recent offers was a re-offer from tennessee. “their coach came up to the school and they liked what they had seen on film and tape so they re-offered me. They wanted to want to throw their hat in the ring again with the new staff,” he said. The volunteers are in line to potentially get a future visit from coleman. He has already been to knoxville once. “it's the sec, so big competition i will most definitely take a look at tennessee,” he said. “we went on a visit when i was at img. We took a team visit up there.”

while missouri is the only current offer scheduled, there are several other programs coleman is looking to get to before long. “nebraska, kansas, florida, and i’m trying to get back up to syracuse too,” he said. The orange are considered one of his top option. “i like their speed and fast offense. They play up-tempo and they throw the ball.”

nebraska is another school with a new staff coleman has built a relationship with. “i talk to their defensive backs coach (travis fisher),” he said. “he came and watched me work out. He said they like the way i was moving and they could see me in their offense and all that. I have not been there since my sophomore year, but i want to get back there.”

after playing last season at img academy and the two previous years before that at st. Louis vianney, coleman is now at cardinal ritter for this season.

The industry-generated 247sports composite ranks coleman as the no. 4 junior recruit in the state of missouri. He is also ranked as the nation’s no. 34 wide receiver and no. 214 overall. 247sports also ranks him as a top ten junior in the state. He has additional offers from iowa state, illinois, wisconsin, pittsburgh, kentucky, kansas and more. Penn state and several other programs who have not offered are continuing to evaluate him and show interest.

He's at Rivals Challenge camp this week and Josh Helmholdt just dropped this article on VQ...He transfered to IMG for a year but now back at home in St. Louis for senior season...

Coleman identified four schools that are showing him the most interest at this stage of his recruitment and they are Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse and Tennessee. He does not have any trips scheduled for the summer at this time, but schools are working to get him on campus.

“Kentucky and Tennessee both want me to get down there to meet with the staff and stuff like that,” Coleman said. “Growing up as a kid I always wanted to play the best competition. I love SEC football – that’s some of the best.”

The last visit Coleman made was to Syracuse. It has been several months since that trip, but the impression from that visit remains strong. “I was up there this past winter and I watched them practice,” Coleman said. “I like Coach Dino (Babers) and his high-powered offense. I see myself playing in that offense some day.”

Kansas is another school that Coleman has yet to visit, but a trip to Lawrence is on his to-do list. The Jayhawks were an early offer and have built a good relationship with the St. Louis prospect. “The wide receiver coach, that’s who I am speaking with right now. I am talking to him almost every day. He wants me to get down there and check out campus as well,” Coleman said. “I just want (to see) what other guys they have coming in and how are they going to win, are we going to compete for a bowl and things like that because nobody takes losing (well).”

New interest for Coleman has started to come through from Georgia in just the past few days. He plans to take all of his official visits during his senior year.

Cam Coleman, 2019 Wide Receiver - Rivals.com

5.9 4 star, #138 nationally on Rivals.

Reactions: 2 people
Wonder why the big drop and the not so impressive list of four schools?

Then those two schools wouldn’t even bother calling. Even for football players it’s really hard to get into Syracuse.

I was shocked when I found out how much it costs to go to Syracuse. And outside of Destiny USA, there's not a whole lot to do in the Cuse when it starts snowing.

They really like Coach Babers up in NY, and he is doing a really good job all things considered. It's a really difficult recruiting situation to be in when you're at a basketball school that doesn't have great facilities, tough academics, the weather is AWFUL, the city itself doesn't have a ton going on, and your recruiting footprint is non-existent in your home state and pretty much all of New England.

Reactions: 1 person
will coleman visit again?

One of the surprise prospects to grab a tennessee hat and talk the vols on wednesday was 4-star wideout cam coleman. Back in march, the st. Louis playmaker visited tennessee unofficially. Coleman made the trip with his team and has remained in contact with the vols since then.

“tennessee's main focus with me is that they want to get me back down there to visit with the staff and see more of campus,” coleman told volquest.

One of the challenges for coleman to make a return visit is that he lives in st. Louis while his dad is in florida.

“it's expensive for him to fly me to tennessee and then for him to travel up and meet me there,” coleman said. “that's hard, but i am going to try and get back down there for a visit. I like their offense. I could see myself playing in that offense. It's just the people there. It feels like home there. It's a place i could see myself at. They could be one of my five official visits.”

- vq

Reactions: 4 people
If he’s considering Syracuse seriously he must be related to the Coleman that played at Baylor when Babers was up there. That’s a really fun offense.

If he’s considering Syracuse seriously he must be related to the Coleman that played at Baylor when Babers was up there. That’s a really fun offense.

That is obviously the only explanation

Weinke was just a.... strange.... hire

I was expecting his recruiting to be much better. Maybe he will be able to get us in the door with some good recruits late, but we are just waiting until we win some games to schedule OVs. You don't know who all this staff is talking to. We get so many commits from recruits we didn't know we were talking to a week earlier.

VN Store

Back