'18 TN PG Darius Garland

Bruce or even Cuonzo was still here, then UT is at least in the conversation....guaranteed

How can you guarantee something like that? Actually, I can guarantee that playing for Barnes was in the conversation. However you can't guarantee that CCM or CBP would have had UT in his final six.

Reactions: 2 people
Bruce or even Cuonzo was still here, then UT is at least in the conversation....guaranteed

Yea, Cuonzo won less with more. I'm sure recruits would be dying to be coached by him if he were still at Tennessee.

His style of play would put you to sleep.

The goal of any UT coach should be to get TN. kids like Garland interested in UT first and foremost.

It's really sad we couldn't make the top 6. Honestly, I'd rather to know that we tried, and he didn't pick us, than knowing we didn't try at all.

It's really sad we couldn't make the top 6. Honestly, I'd rather to know that we tried, and he didn't pick us, than knowing we didn't try at all.

We did try, Barnes watched him as well as assistants, also went out to see him in Nashville a couple times. If a kid is receptive to your school and isn't showing much interest while telling others around him he knows his college choice already why continue to pursue him? Watch and see how much time Kansas and UCLA spend on him going forward, very little if any.

We did try, Barnes watched him as well as assistants, also went out to see him in Nashville a couple times. If a kid is receptive to your school and isn't showing much interest while telling others around him he knows his college choice already why continue to pursue him? Watch and see how much time Kansas and UCLA spend on him going forward, very little if any.

Reports are they've seen him twice. Rick once, and assistants once. I don't count that as trying. If they're false reports, I will retract my statement

Reactions: 1 person
I will also add this staff tried to get him to the elite camp 2 years in a row and invited him to every home football game the last 2 seasons...he opted not to unofficially visit even once, so why continue wasting time and resources?

I will also add this staff tried to get him to the elite camp 2 years in a row and invited him to every home football game the last 2 seasons...he opted not to unofficially visit even once, so why continue wasting time and resources?

If that's true, not sure what that says about recruits views of Tennessee, but I would be content if that was true.

If that's true, not sure what that says about recruits views of Tennessee, but I would be content if that was true.

It says what most unbiased people with a neutral view have been saying...there isn't much attraction to the program right now, and as unstable as it has been not many high level recruits are willing to risk their college careers on it.

It says what most unbiased people with a neutral view have been saying...there isn't much attraction to the program right now, and as unstable as it has been not many high level recruits are willing to risk their college careers on it.

Hopefully that changes. I'm content with Barnes, as long as he continues to show progress, which I have faith he will. I have good vibes about this season.

I would like for us to try the KO approach to really good kids. He parked himself at every possible event he could. He hand wrote letters every day. Tony Harris didn't have us on his radar but KO never quit and kept at it forever. This was following the Wade Houston years and we were as bad and as poorly thought of as we have ever been.

I would like for us to try the KO approach to really good kids. He parked himself at every possible event he could. He hand wrote letters every day. Tony Harris didn't have us on his radar but KO never quit and kept at it forever. This was following the Wade Houston years and we were as bad and as poorly thought of as we have ever been.

Sounds good, but RB is too close to the end to put in that much work to win over a recruit

Remember, Barnes has earned while he was at Texas the right to recruit how he wishes at Tennessee!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back