'18 TN DL Greg Emerson (UT commit 7/3/17)

"It's all about eye discipline. 63. Keyboard by keyboard. I'm gonna have to teach a separate class after school for some of you individuals that think using MS Office is pretty simple. Because it's very, very complex."

What was the 63 reference again?

In the FWIW column, it was Central, not Western Michigan. lol. Beecher is correct on Hurd. It took two years for the mid-state and legacy players to figure out things were not as they appeared, nor were they going to change to match the words. Many were the typically hot headed young bucks with big mouths that increased the disunity. There were a handful of quality hard workers that stayed out of the mess for the most part and are in the NFL now.

All that led to the players council, firing of Lawson, even more slogans and keeping track of media comments, assistant coaching changes, etc. When the quality players moved on that left the head cases and wannabes playing for incompetent coaches with no S&C in a third rate system.

All of that is over. Fulmer and CJP have this. So I am happy for Greg Emerson and the future of the Greg Emerson thread.

Reactions: 5 people
They were all pretty stupid, but this one is a t the top

It was just another quantitative, gimmicky teaching slogan to emphasize effort. Compare that with a better teaching method to emphasize how work ethic results in good effort but use time as one of many illustrations. Butch was hooked on the illustration and not the reason for it.

It’s the difference in giving a man a fish and teaching him to fish.

In the FWIW column, it was Central, not Western Michigan. lol. Beecher is correct on Hurd. It took two years for the mid-state and legacy players to figure out things were not as they appeared, nor were they going to change to match the words. Many were the typically hot headed young bucks with big mouths that increased the disunity. There were a handful of quality hard workers that stayed out of the mess for the most part and are in the NFL now.

All that led to the players council, firing of Lawson, even more slogans and keeping track of media comments, assistant coaching changes, etc. When the quality players moved on that left the head cases and wannabes playing for incompetent coaches with no S&C in a third rate system.

All of that is over. Fulmer and CJP have this. So I am happy for Greg Emerson and the future of the Greg Emerson thread.

I will say I don’t put the Hurd stuff on CBJ. Kid was getting bad advice from the people in his inner circle. Telling him he should be in the I (Derrick Henry had plenty of success running zone from gun and pistol) and even crazier convincing him that he should be a wr

Yeah that one never made sense to me. Idc what anyone says, I don't think the cliches ever really meant anything to the players. I could see a lot of them just thinking they were stupid.

Wasn't the 63 bs basically copying the James Franklin one he used at Vandy?

Reactions: 1 person
Poor Emerson. His thread gets derailed by all the gripers and whiners that can't move on.

Yeah, I hopped on here a couple of days ago and so this thread on the first page and wondered why Emerson's in the news.

Then I started reading all this stuff about our old coach and panicked, thinking he's back on staff. Why the heck else would we still be talking about him? He's gone people.

Thanks. Title concerned me.

Hey a complete side note... I found the UT 2002 defensive playbook from John Chavis. Since Dan Brooks was in charge of the DL part... its a great study!!!

It is on a google drive titled Football Tool Chest... also has A LOT of other stuff.... high school, College, NFL.... really nice resource.:clapping:

Hey a complete side note... I found the UT 2002 defensive playbook from John Chavis. Since Dan Brooks was in charge of the DL part... its a great study!!!

It is on a google drive titled Football Tool Chest... also has A LOT of other stuff.... high school, College, NFL.... really nice resource.:clapping:

Belichick just perked up

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back