'18 TN CB Shatar McClay (UT commit 4/13/17)

Just hope the talent isn't being overrated like is the case sometimes in Tennessee. How many of Tennessee top rated prospects actually turning into legit big 5 contributors?

Malone, Barnett and Maybin all just got drafted. There is always some ratio of failure but we don't see to be missing any worse than any others.

Hurd would have been in that group too if he hadn't quit.

Reactions: 2 people
Without coaching talent in Tennessee or any other state doesn't matter.

What are you talking about?? All we were discussing is how much better the high school talent in the state of Tennessee is getting. Not sure how that has anything to do with UTs former secondary coach.

Reactions: 1 person
What are you talking about?? All we were discussing is how much better the high school talent in the state of Tennessee is getting. Not sure how that has anything to do with UTs former secondary coach.

Elder wouldn't be recognized as the talent that he is had he came to Tennessee. I fully agree the talent is much much better just a comment on Elder in particular. I didn't mean to upset you.

Jalen Ramsey was never interested in UT. Not sure if even Butch would have changed that.

Jalen was indeed interested early in
But Dooley didn't realize how good the kid was. Slowed played him big time...

After that... Not even Butch last second pitch made a dent.

Elder wouldn't be recognized as the talent that he is had he came to Tennessee. I fully agree the talent is much much better just a comment on Elder in particular. I didn't mean to upset you.

He was recognized as talent before he went to college. Wasn't he a 4* on some sites? That's why Miami recruited him. We are talking about high school talent in the state of Tennessee. How the talent is developed AFTER they graduate high school is irrelevant to the discussion.

Reactions: 1 person
Just hope the talent isn't being overrated like is the case sometimes in Tennessee. How many of Tennessee top rated prospects actually turning into legit big 5 contributors?

Hasn't been overrated so far. TN boys shining all over the country over past few classes.

Just think . If we would've had corn elder and Von bell in our Defensive backfield. we would've beat OU , Florida, and Bama in 2015 imo .

Vonn lived in Tennessee, but played in Georgia. Pretty sure, his mom was the principal or a teacher at the school, he played for. They lived near the TN/GA border and commuted every day

His mom was a teacher at Ridgeland.

Just think . If we would've had corn elder and Von bell in our Defensive backfield. we would've beat OU , Florida, and Bama in 2015 imo .

Bell more than Elder.

Ramsey and Bell would've be nice though.

Or we could've had Trae Elston the safety that played very well at Ole Miss we turned him down though.

Last edited:
Bell more than Elder.

Ramsey and Bell would've be nice though.

Or we could've had Trae Elston the safety that played very well at Ole Miss we turned him down though.

I didn't know we could've had elston . He was a dog at ole miss and was always around the ball .

Vonn lived in Tennessee, but played in Georgia. Pretty sure, his mom was the principal or a teacher at the school, he played for. They lived near the TN/GA border and commuted every day

and attended Chattanooga Central before transferring to Ridgeland. Word is that Von grew up a TN fan.

Since Bell, Elder, Ramsey, nor Elston will be coming to UT...

tumblr_mm22cj3nDm1rome1po2_500.gif

Reactions: 2 people
If Coach Jones had more time recruiting Bell he would have been a Vol. It's hard for any coach to make up a lot of recruiting ground in a short period of time. And no matter what you will always lose a few even some good one leave the state of florida, it's just about getting you fair share of in state players and Jones is doing that this year so far. GBO!!!!

VN Store

Back