'18 SC JUCO DE Dorian Gerald (UT Commit 07/06/17)

I have a new favorite GIF. Thanks, Ron!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Normally I could not care less but when it comes to a recruit, best practice is to tread lightly.

Reactions: 1 person
this week, the vols hosted a number of interesting prospects, namely juco defensive end dorian gerald. Tennessee is obviously in good shape with gerald coming out of wednesday’s visit. The coveted juco defensive end is smitten with the vols, and we would go as far as to say tennessee is the team to beat. Now, when will he pull the trigger? Depending on the lasting feelings from the trip, it wouldn't be surprising to see him do something this summer.

- vq

Reactions: 9 people
Austin said on the VQ podcast this morning that his Tennessee visit completely blew away the South Carolina visit and he thinks if Tennessee pushed he probably would've committed on the spot. Tennessee definitely leads here and it sounds like he likely commits soon.

Reactions: 4 people
Austin said on the VQ podcast this morning that his Tennessee visit completely blew away the South Carolina visit and he thinks if Tennessee pushed he probably would've committed on the spot. Tennessee definitely leads here and it sounds like he likely commits soon.

omgshoop.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Wonder why we didn't push for a commitment?

Change of tactic or is he not as high on the board as we think?

Wonder why we didn't push for a commitment?

Change of tactic or is he not as high on the board as we think?

You're taking it the wrong way. He's definitely high on the board. Austin meant if they hard closed him he likely said yes but they don't need to push that hard on his visit. Let him go home and talk it over with his family and then commit in his own time.

I'm in sales and yes you want the signature but if you push hard at the wrong time you come off as a used car salesman and look desperate.

No worries, Vols lead.

Reactions: 10 people
You're taking it the wrong way. He's definitely high on the board. Austin meant if they hard closed him he likely said yes but they don't need to push that hard on his visit. Let him go home and talk it over with his family and then commit in his own time.

I'm in sales and yes you want the signature but if you push hard at the wrong time you come off as a used car salesman and look desperate.

No worries, Vols lead.

How is being the superintendent of Pawnee considered being in sales?

No worries, Vols lead.

This is so true. I work for a software company and you have to stick close but let the customer have their due process. It sometimes takes months to get a customer to drop that purchase order.

VN Store

Back