'18 SC JUCO DE Dorian Gerald (UT Commit 07/06/17)

This kid is on twitter begging for followers from all these different fanbases to get him over 10k followers. Saying he will commit when he gets to 10k (even though he is committed to us)

He does realize the fans of whatever schools he doesn’t commit to will just drop once he goes somewhere else right?

He decommitted awhile back.

Where do you see C Miller playing cause they look like very similar players... one we are actively recruiting, one we already had signed up to play!

That was a question, not a statement 🤔 See that little curvy question mark at the end of the sentence? 😉

I have no idea how they compare, but Gerald decommitted a while back so I don't know about the whole "already signed up to play" thing either.

That was a question, not a statement 🤔 See that little curvy question mark at the end of the sentence? 😉

I have no idea how they compare, but Gerald decommitted a while back so I don't know about the whole "already signed up to play" thing either.

So you knew it was a question but feel the need to remind me to use a question mark(?) why(?)

Edit: my bad... yours was a question, gotcha, I don’t know either... guess we’ll just have to trust the coaches?

Last edited:
So you knew it was a question but feel the need to remind me to use a question mark(?) why(?)

Edit: my bad... yours was a question, gotcha, I don’t know either... guess we’ll just have to trust the coaches?

Yeah..I mean I don't really understand what exactly their criteria is either, so I guess we just have to trust them. DG looks like a player we would want to me, but maybe they just see something different. Like I said originally, maybe they think he is too big and slow to play LB, but too small to play DE in the base 3-4, or maybe they don't like his work ethic or some other intangible? Who really knows?

Yeah..I mean I don't really understand what exactly their criteria is either, so I guess we just have to trust them. DG looks like a player we would want to me, but maybe they just see something different. Like I said originally, maybe they think he is too big and slow to play LB, but too small to play DE in the base 3-4, or maybe they don't like his work ethic or some other intangible? Who really knows?

Not sure what it is but I'm not one to question this defensive staff. There could be some things they don't like we don't know about. There is something because they clearly have no issue recruiting jucos and no issues recruiting DL. It may be a numbers thing as he really likes Langham and we probably get him so he is choosing the HS kid maybe. Who knows

Where do you see C Miller playing cause they look like very similar players... one we are actively recruiting, one we already had signed up to play!

Well one big difference is Miller is listed at 300 while Gerald is listed at 260. Hence the comment about Gerald not being big enough to be a 3-4 DE.

The only two D linemen Bama has listed under 270 are both walk ons.

So, this kid would not be a DE in the 3-4. That's a hard switch in my mind thinking of all the rush DE's at UT.

Kyle Phillips needs to bulk up to 275.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/TopNotchDG/status/957110170827481089[/twitter]

Just realized this guy has not signed yet. Not saying we are going after him, just interesting since he's a former commit

VN Store

Back