'18 OL (Grad Transfer Option) Braeonte Matthews

It will take 3 years to get to mid way in the East, will take 5 year's to compete for a title and thats if we hit it with JP as coach remember he has not coached a single game, i think he can but i thought Butch could to, i knew DD couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, as a 56 year fan and not in the best of health i don't have many more 4 or 5 rebuilding years waiting to see if we hit on the coach i never thought i would say our Basketball program is closer to winning a NC than football but thats where we have fallen to.

5 years?

The good news for you, a 56 year fan not in the best of health, is that what you’ve written here is complete, utter nonsense. If JP is the right guy, you’ll know in 2 years, not 5.

It won’t take ANY top-notch, competent coach 5 years to compete for a title at Tennessee....it’s just been so damn long since we’ve had one of those running our football program, that you’ve completely lost your perspective here.

Reactions: 7 people
5 years?

The good news for you, a 56 year fan not in the best of health, is that what you’ve written here is complete, utter nonsense. If JP is the right guy, you’ll know in 2 years, not 5.

It won’t take ANY top-notch, competent coach 5 years to compete for a title at Tennessee....it’s just been so damn long since we’ve had one of those running our football program, that you’ve completely lost your perspective here.

it took Fulmer 5 years to play for an SEC championship. and it took the best QB we've ever had. and he inherited a MUCH better team than Pruitt. and then after winning in 97, 98 it was 01, 04, 07. so three years in between again not your two years.

it took Fulmer 5 years to play for an SEC championship. and it took the best QB we've ever had. and he inherited a MUCH better team than Pruitt. and then after winning in 97, 98 it was 01, 04, 07. so three years in between again not your two years.

He said compete for, not play for. All of those teams from 95 on were competing for the title. Under the current format, that 95 team would've been a playoff team. Remember, two of Saban's NC teams didn't even win their own division.

He said compete for, not play for. All of those teams from 95 on were competing for the title. Under the current format, that 95 team would've been a playoff team. Remember, two of Saban's NC teams didn't even win their own division.

under those definitions Jones "competed" for championships. 1 game away is one game away. I love these "yeah but" conversations.

under those definitions Jones "competed" for championships. 1 game away is one game away. I love these "yeah but" conversations.

In Jones' 5 years, he never had less than 3 losses and had 8 in 2017. In Fulmer's first 5 full years, he had 7 in conference losses (1 each in 4 seasons and 3 in 1 season). Fulmer was competing for titles from Day 1 even if he didn't reach the SEC Championship game. He had his team right there to take advantage of the opportunity, get lucky, etc

Comparing him to Jones, even loosely, is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
He's definitely got the size and was a good find by you, but I worry that he never played a down in 2 years at KState after transferring from Juco. I couldn't find anything that says where he was looking to transfer or any schools that had reached out to him though.

Last time we brought someone in from K State it didn't work out so well. Pass.

In Jones' 5 years, he never had less than 3 losses and had 8 in 2017. In Fulmer's first 5 full years, he had 7 in conference losses (1 each in 4 seasons and 3 in 1 season). Fulmer was competing for titles from Day 1 even if he didn't reach the SEC Championship game. He had his team right there to take advantage of the opportunity, get lucky, etc

Comparing him to Jones, even loosely, is ridiculous.

and fulmer got a MMMMMMUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH better roster.

Reactions: 1 person
5 years?

Not with this joke of a roster AND having to play Bama and GA and FL every year. It will take 3-5 years.

5 years?

How in the world can you expect Pruitt to be getting us playing for a title with what Smart is doing at Georgia? I mean 2 straight top 5 classes and his 2019 class has a chance of being even better than this years. We are easily 3 years behind Georgia. But Pruitt is supposed to turn everything around in 2??? I mean our game last year against Georgia was like an NFL team playing a HS team. Georgia would have to just all of a sudden take a nose dive and start sucking hardcore. How likely is that? And thats not taking into account what Mullen may do at UF.

Yep. Its clear that some are setting unrealistic expectations on Pruitt and also failing to realize that Smart is a great coach.

Great coach, just lighten up Francis, long way to go before great maybe good but let’s leave great for where it belongs and Mr. Smart has a ways to go yet.

Oh good, another optimist vs "realist" debate to clutter up a prospect thread is coming. :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people

Jones did get close......in a weak division. He also lost to a couple of divisional bottom feeders and squandered it.

In 95 FL and TN were about where UGA is now. Florida was a tad better in that period. Jones had it easier and wasn’t good enough to get it done

Not with this joke of a roster AND having to play Bama and GA and FL every year. It will take 3-5 years.

Florida is in the same shape we are. If you average out the last 6 or so recruiting classes, TN has the higher overall avg than Fla. I'd say 2-3. Up till last year we we're competing with and beating GA yr in and out. They are more talented but they aren't that far ahead of us based off the last 6 head to head meetings. Ala on the other handcis a different story.

I opened this thread hoping for Breontae Matthews news. What great decision this was!

Breonte Matthews believes Lyle Jones wasn't a tenth the coach that Fulmer was. He a also prefers traditional orange and white to the smokey grey unis. :clapping:

VN Store

Back