'18 MS CB Jaylon Reed (Former UT commit)

You guys bring up good points about these camps. It is unrealistic. I hate the 1 on 1 drills where the ball handler does the most unrealistic moves and then everyone goes crazy over it.

The Opening & similar camps provide opportunities for the best to really shine, but usually the gap is artificially wide. Tighten down the constraints like actual in-game action and I would say the special athletes still turn heads, but a lot of other players look better.

It would be cool if they could play a pre-season "All-American" game instead of 7-on-7 and 1-on-1 drills.

The Opening & similar camps provide opportunities for the best to really shine, but usually the gap is artificially wide. Tighten down the constraints like actual in-game action and I would say the special athletes still turn heads, but a lot of other players look better.

It would be cool if they could play a pre-season "All-American" game instead of 7-on-7 and 1-on-1 drills.

So you want them to potentially get hurt before their Senior years in a game that doesn't count? Nah no one will go for that. The formats are fine as far as that is concerned.

Reactions: 2 people

Absolutely not, no one is going to risk it all playing a preseason AA game and getting hurt. Meanwhile i agree a lot of what goes on is superficial

Reactions: 2 people
We run straight route tree action. You will be put out if you are looking to run your own garbage slick double move stuff. Waste of time running all of that trash. They watch OBJ and try his stuff not knowing he's one of the most athletic dudes in the league. And another thing he's getting into his routes extremely fast.

Agree and i absolutely hate cat/mouse its absolutely the dumbest drill ever and not happening on game. But it pisses me off that kids at Lb watch feet and not the waist line or belly button.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree and i absolutely hate cat/mouse its absolutely the dumbest drill ever and not happening on game. But it pisses me off that kids at Lb watch feet and not the waist line or belly button.

Totally agree. That is D 101 in any sport. Where the button goes, the feet follow.

Close. (UT commit, former UT decommit, former UT commit)

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back