'18 GA RB Anthony Grant (FSU signee)

The guys on the VQ podcast today had some good things to say about him today. Basically made it sound like he's the #3 RB on the board behind Teague and Dixon.

One kid who I really like as an under the radar guy is Michael Barrett from Valdosta, GA.

Last edited:
The guys on the VQ podcast today had some good things to say about him today. Basically made it sound like he's the #3 RB on the board behind Teague and Dixon.

One kid who I really like as an under the radar guy is Michael Barrett from Valdosta, GA.

Seen this kid a few times. He's really good. Plays physical too.

Reactions: 1 person
Last two months offers from UF, UK, Ark, Ole Miss, VT and Mich State. Some good RB schools in there.

I don't think we're getting Teague, so I'm hoping Grant and Dixon are our backs this year. That would be a quality haul.

I would be happy with that but I can also guarantee at least 4-5 backs hitting the board during the season that we know nothing of now.

Reactions: 1 person
I would be happy with that but I can also guarantee at least 4-5 backs hitting the board during the season that we know nothing of now.

Yup, always happens. We'll sign at least 3-4 guys who currently don't have a thread on VN.

I know I'm in the minority, but I would rather have this kid than Teague.

Playing for Buford in the heart of Georgia, running back Anthony Grant has shown he can be a big time playmaker at the next level. That's why several marquee schools have joined the race to land this dynamic runner. One of his top schools on the board is Tennessee, where he's plenty comfortable with what Rocky Top has to offer.

"Tennessee is a great school," Grant said. "They have great facilities and they are a family type school. They have a lot to offer. When I first walked into the indoor facility, I could envision myself playing there."

He's also very close with running backs coach Robert Gillespie. The veteran ace recruiting machine knows how to get it done on the trail and the two have bonded over the last few months.

"He's laid back and a great coach," Grant said. "We talk about everything from football to just life. He just tells me that I'm a perfect fit for their offense. I like how they use their running backs. They go with a fast tempo and I like that."

North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida and North Carolina State have all joined the Vols in the chase for the dynamic tailback. He's explosive and certainly versatile with his game. He brings a lot to the table and plans on being a real factor no matter where he plays.

"I feel like can do anything," Grant said. "I can carry the load or catch it out of the backfield. I'm so diverse with my game. I'm always working to get better. I think I can get stronger and faster."

Grant currently stands at 5-foot-11 and 193 pounds and would be a solid addition to Tennessee's recruiting class that is currently void of tailbacks. He'll be in Knoxville later this month and then the hard work sets in with his recruitment.

"I'll be up for Orange Carpet Day," Grant said. "After that, I'll sit down and try to work toward a decision. I have a lot of great schools to choose from."

Rivals.com ranks Grant as a 3-star all-purpose running back in the class of 2018

-- Price

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back